Fish Suggestions Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chenzo9999

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey All,

I set up a 90 Gallon tank a little while ago - I had stable water conditions for over a week before I added a small clean up crew last week (12 blue leg hermits, 6 trochus snails, and 2 brittle stars) - I will retest the water throughout this week, do a water change, and then, if everything remains stable, I am ready to add fish.

I want your opinions on a good - well diverse livestock selection. I want top, middle, and bottom swimmers.

A few notes:
  • Everything reef safe - because I want to add corals
  • I would like help in the order in which to add them - to help keep any aggressiveness to a minimum
  • Any coral suggestions would be very helpful

My thoughts on the first two additions - obviously not at the same time, but a few weeks apart - are a mated pair of true clownfish and then 3 bengali cardinal fish.

Please - and help would me greatly appreciated.

I think a smaller Tang (Kole, Tomini) and some Chromis would be good. Both active and will add some movement to the tank. Cardinals tend to kinda stay put and Clowns tend to not swim all over. I'm a big fan of Pygmy or Dwarf Angels, but they get mixed "reef safe" reviews.

I think a smaller Tang (Kole, Tomini) and some Chromis would be good. Both active and will add some movement to the tank.

Thanks - I am looking for some movement - These seem like great additions.

Pair of clowns and bengals seem liek a good start.

I am hoping so - everyone seems to say that they are hearty and long lasting fish.

Pink or Blue Spot Goby would be a good bottom swimmer or a red scooter blenny

I will have to look into both of these - are they ok together? Will they shift the sand a lot?

Red and Blue are both great tank colors as well!

Also...some kind of reef safe wrasse...look at places like liveaquaria.com for ideas. There are several really cool ones that would work in a 75g.

Corals to put in first that are hardy are mushrooms, ricordea (which is a type of mushroom), green star polyps, pulsating Xenia, any polyp, and they are all fairly cheap when it comes to corals. I have a yellow tang and a bi color angel... They both are constantly on the move and have vibrant colors. Dwarf angels are 50/50 chance on reef safe where as large angels are pretty much a no no for reefs. I also have to benghai cardinals cause my GF liked them but they are rather boring. Don't move other then feeding time.

Fire fish , engineer goby make sure rocks are stable, any type fairy wrasse you could have more than one most of the time there peaceful with other wrasses, pearly jaw fish with all bottom dwells they like to burrow make sure your rocks on the bottom are on the glass. Torch one of my favorites shrooms, toadstool or devils hand toadstool,hector goby good little algae eater.

My tank is a 4 footer - I do want him to be happy though.

Not sure if I will get one, but they are stunning to look at.

How long did everyone wait until putting in their mushroom and/or leather corals? Do you dip them before? If so, what do you dip them in?

I also love feather dusters - when can they go in?

Back
Top Bottom