Fishes recommandation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
What fish ( herbivore and omnivore ) would be recommanded for a fish only tank, with just LS and nothing else. My tank is a 20 gal tank.

Depends on what you like. You have to watch that you dont overcrowd, you cant really have much in a 20gal, which I am experiencing first hand. Is it a 20 Long? Youll also want some rocks or decorations in there, LR is best, but if you dont want that then whatever you like, but most fish will want places to hide and sleep. IMO I always wanted to have two percula clowns and a royal gramma in my 20, but thats all that tank can sustaine, like I said, its up to you.

Size Matters

With a small tank you need to make sure that whatever fish you are interested in will do well in that size. I cannot imagine a Trigger, for example, doing well in a small tank. I'd suggest you stick to fish that will be relatively small, such as Damsels or Chromis or Basslets and other such fish.

Also, unless you're willing to do frequent water changes, I think you are going to need some kind of protein skimmer.

I like the Jawfish. They have a lot of personality, I don't require a large tank. They are a omnivore.

Back
Top Bottom