Flame and Coral Beauty??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got a coral beauty for my 40 gallon! So beautiful, very active cruising in an out of the rocks. So, has anyone put a flame angel in with a CB? I just removed 2 bully fish from my tank, so everyone is very peaceful now. Is adding a flame angel too risky?

Yes. I've heard of even bigger tanks having issues with 2 dwarf angels. I know saltwater.com won't even sell you 2 dwarf angels, it's that bad.

Angels are not suppose to be kept together usually one per tank. Flames are also a little agresssive.

hey tonedogz- I see you're in NY too! Where? I'm near Kingston.....Have to drive pretty far for a LFS....

I've been lookin online and saw a flame and CB in a 30 gallon tank.... that person probably just got lucky!

I agree that they will be trouble. Those two IME are both going to fight it out.

I have both. In a 150 gallon. I got the coral beauty a little bigger than the flame. And had to put them in at the same time. They are doing great. 8 months so far no problems.

Two of my tanks have 2 dwarf angels in each with now problems at all, I keep a flame and coral beauty in one and a lemon peel and bicolor in the other. Have never had any problems with them picking on each other but the Lemon Peel is very territorial with new additions.

What size tank do you have frogmeister? Did you add them at the same time?

The beauty and flame are in my 75 and were added within a month or so of each other. My brother had one of each too but had problems with the beauty picking on the flame so maybe it's more luck than anything else.

oh! You must have a lot more options than me for saltwater stores!! I'm about an hour and a half from you

Back
Top Bottom