Flametail blenny is a jerk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a flametail blenny and I've had him about 3 months now. He is in a 20 gallon tank with two clowns and a royal gramma. Well the gramma was the last addition about a month ago and the blenny would chase the gramma back into his cave but no fins nipped or anything. Well the other day my grammas tail fin was split in two and I'm positive it was the blenny.
It's funny because they eat together and most of the time are fine now with the occasional jaw gaping from my gramma and the blenny chasing him. The tail has almost healed but has anyone else had a blenny that's a jerk? He gets along great with my two clowns.

I'm not familiar with a flametail blenny, got a picture? I'm curious.....

I had a redlipped blenny that was so nasty I put him in the 90g aggressive tank where he immediately picked a fight with the biggest fish in there and he disappeared that night. :-(

Some fish just have a nasty disposition.

I'm not familiar with a flametail blenny, got a picture? I'm curious.....

I had a redlipped blenny that was so nasty I put him in the 90g aggressive tank where he immediately picked a fight with the biggest fish in there and he disappeared that night. :-(

Some fish just have a nasty disposition.

Ill try and get a pic of him when I get him when I get home. The link huma posted is accurate. That is exactly what he looks like. He's just a butthead but he isn't as bad as that red lipped lol. The grammas gotten a little bigger too so he's sticking up for himself more

My bi color went through an agressive phase. Bit my clown, foxface and 6line. All are fine but he took a chunk out of the 6line that healed up. You never know with marine fish...

Yep this is the same blenny that bites me whenever I stick my hand in my tank lol. He has nice little fangs too!

Back
Top Bottom