Flatworm Exit and Stop Aiptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tilton.s11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just ordered from Dr Foster's. Anyone have tips, tricks, anything to help? Other than following the directions. :)

What color are the flatworms you have? in most cases, their populations rise and fall without the need for flatworm exit.

Here's a pic of one a caught. We have got a few this size. These worms are very over populated. Have killed a 6 line, some cardinals, some chromis, 2 firefish and a mandrian. There color goes from pink to brownish.

ForumRunner_20120612_150326.jpg

That is a common bristle worm. They do not(and cannot) kill healthy fish. They are beneficial and are detritus eaters and scavengers. I would look to my water parameters and skip the flatworm exit, because this is not a flatworm, and all they were doing was cleaning up the remains.

So I should stop catching them? My params are good. Have been checking every couple days. And having lfs check every week.

The same LFS that sold you flatworm exit to kill bristle worms? They agreed that your flatworms are the reason for the fish deaths? If so, I would question any other advice from them.
If you have a lot of bristle worms, you are overfeeding. Scavenger populations are dependent on the available food.
I don't know what's killing the fish, but I do know it's not the worm pictured. Those are not harmful to your fish.
If it's not a parameter you have a test kit for, it's something else. Temp, oxygenation, some pollutant maybe, but you can stop killing the worms.

Lol. I should of clarified. I ordered the flatworm exit online. LFS just thought the worms could be killing fish. Didn't show that pic though

Ok. So not the smartest lfs ever. Thanks for your input. Glad I found this forum, I will have an amazing tank someday. LOL

Back
Top Bottom