Food for clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimmer910

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So a couple of weeks ago I picked up a couple of black ice clownfish. They are doing pretty well except they aren't really eating. I feed them New Life Spectrum pellets and one of the clowns nibbles and the other eats it then spits it out. Any suggestions on what type of food to feed them?

I feed all my sw fish frozen mysis, rods food, sf bay emerald entree and marine cuisine. I have a few picky eaters too and no issues whatsoever with any of these foods.

And clowns are definitely not picky lol

When fish don't eat, there is something wrong in the water column. This is especially true with fish that are far from picky eaters.
Can you tell us more about the system? Current parameters? How long has the system been running? Was the tank cycled? What other livestock is in the tank?

It's a 20g tank with a diamond back goby, peppermint shrimp, pistol shrimp, hermit crabs and some snails. I use to have a striped damsel but removed it because it was being super aggressive towards the clowns. It's weird b/c they were like this since I got them 2weeks ago. My parameters are:
Ph: 7.8
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
Nitrate: 5.0-10ppm

The tank has been cycled

I feed live black worms and this other kind of tiny pellet that I can't recall off the top of my head

Always best to feed a variety. I like Mysis, vitamin fortified brine shrimp and flake.

I feed my ice clowns mysis and LRS reef frenzy. They love it.

The clowns I had loved most everything (frozen, freeze dried rehydrated), but the Hikari Seaweed Extreme seemed to be a favorite dry food.

Back
Top Bottom