food for coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You really do not need to do anyting special for them. What do you feed the main tank? They should get enough leftover food at feeding time. Light is the most important food they should be getting. You can get some plankton Like DTs or Liquid life but really not needed with mushrooms and polyps. Good luck...Lando

i feed my tank with flake foods and dried brine shrimp.
wht kind of corals they need food? i mean something special for them.

You may want to incoorerate some high quality froozen foods. Brine shrimp has no nutritional value to fish, it is like eating potato chips. Check out some froozen mysis or krill. And check to see if it is enriched or "gut loaded" with vitamins.

testing for Calcium would not hurt. I have a SeaTest and am happy with it.

lando, i see you have a lot of corals in your tank... do you use something like calcium or reef supplement to grow those beautiful coral?

Best to test both Calcium and Alkalinity if you're going to test one. These measurements are very interrelated and if you bump one without managing the other you could find your tank out of balance.

I dose a balanced Ca/Alk (b-Ionic) a couple of times a week after I've tested for both. I never dose either without testing for both. Corals (particularly stoney corals [LPS/SPS]) will use the calcuim and alkalinity in your system dropping your levels. If you don't have corals then Ca/Alk are less of a worry.

do you use something like calcium or reef supplement to grow those beautiful coral?
thanks! I do not use any suppliments in either of my reefs. I just rely on good ol' fashion water changes to keep my Ph, CA and ALK where they need to be and to replenish trace elements.
so... calcium liquid is necessary for the tank if i want to keep corals?
Not really, but it depends on what you want to keep your Calcium at. I do not have a problem keeping mine between 430-450.

Back
Top Bottom