foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what is everyones favorite foods. ( for the tank of course, otherwise i would say pizza :D )

food for clowns, damsels, dottybacks?
food for filter feeders and general reef health?
food for shrooms and zoos?
food for anemones?

i just have a small cleaning crew right now but i want to do a little research before i add any fish or others.

thanks as usual
steve r

I mix my own according to the guidelines set forth in a post called "fish food recipe" in this forum. I add scallop, shrimp, squid or octopus, romaine or nori, flake or granule food, zoe(for vitamins), then I add zooplex and phytoplex for the inverts. Put it all in the blender and pour it into baggies, lay it flat and freeze. Then I can break off small pieces and don't have to worry about adding phosphate or nitrate. As I said it was a basic recipe in this forum titled "fish food recipe". HTH

I feed mysis and krill for the meat and protien eaters, DTs live plankton for the filter feeders and hang some nri in the tank every other day for the tangs. Be careful, when feeding froozen foods it is easy to over-feed and that can cause poor water quality.

Back
Top Bottom