? for reefrunner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was looking at the memebers tanks, and I believe it was your 20 long. Anyways I saw some zoos that look sort of what I have.

0.jpg

Do you have these type? The reason I ask is because there starting to look worse each day, and I was wondering if you knew of the type of flow, or light they like. If you have any suggestions id appreciate it.

I think I have that type, the colors are a bit off, but it could just be the lighting/camera. At any rate, my experience is that all zoos like LOTS of waterflow and very bright light, but tolerate lower light.

What lighting are they under? Also check for nudibranches, and hitchiking snails, could be a predator.

I had this issue with all my zoo's it was the introduction of the a rose bulb the whole tank went to ass sot that might be somethign to look into

I have another colony, and 2 mini colonies in low flow on the sand bed that are thriving. These too are at the bottom in low flow. They just got worse and worse. No snails, or nudis spotted, I do however see some worm or something swipe two long tentacles all over. (its on the colonies frag rock) I placed them on a small rock, and put a PH directly on them, I will see if this helps. Thanks a lot. Oh and kid, no anemones in the tank.

whats the difference between zoos and just regular polyps? and what are zoas? ive been trying to figure this out for some time now with no success.

zoos and zoas are the same thing, zoanthids. The difference between regular polyps and zoanthids would be species.

so is there any way to tell them apart by looking at them? cuzz other polyps dont require as much light is that corretct?

Yes there is, but it's hard to describe. If you look at enough pictures of zoanthids and button polyps and sea mats etc... you'll start seeing the difference immediately. FWIW, they are all members of the Zoanthus family, zoanthids also have their own genus, and all have similar lighting and waterflow requirements.

Back
Top Bottom