For those that feed Nori sheets attached to a rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's my SOP for feeding my YT and soon-to-be BHT Nori. Wondering what you all think.

Wrap 1/2 sheet of roasted Nori around a rock and secure with rubberband. Sink it to the bottom with string attached. Drop in at 5 AM. Remove at 6 PM.

By 6 PM, the Nori is pretty beat up, and most of what's left falls off the rock as it's being pulled out of the tank.
What's left floating around gets eaten by the CC.

Mike

A couple people suggested the rock method as a more natural way for the fish to feed. As if they were nibbling on LR.

Do the majority use clips?

Mike

My YT doesn't mind eating from the clip one bit. When I go up to the tank he will immediately swim over to the clip, waiting for me to put something in it. I can't imagine it makes any difference to the fish if it's attached to a rock or a clip.

I have only used rock when the fish were new and unused to eating the nori. After they adapted to eating it, I used the clip. There is less waste from the clip and you can use smaller sheets of the nori to avoid wasting any.

I got tired of the clarki pulling at the seaweed so hard, she would pull the clip off the suction cup. I finally just starting tieing a string to the clip.

Back
Top Bottom