Formula Two frozen cubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Are they supposed to melt?...they have some sort of gelatin that holds them together.

Or do you just drop the entire cube intact into the tank?

I get a small cup and add room temperature RO water. I then add the cube and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, until it dissolves. Then I take a measuring cup (small) and scoop out a small portion at a time and feed it to the fish. This allows for greater flexibility in portions fed at a time. You can wait until they eat it all and then pour in a little more if necessary. dont feed your fish a whole cube because 1. it may be too much food, and 2. you want it to be thawed, it is bad for the fish to eat frozen or partially frozen food. Good luck! :D

I do similar to bizzybeas, except I thaw my frozen food in a small cup of tank water and I usually dump it in, what my fish don't eat...the corals and clean up crew do. However I might start doing something similar with my turkey baster. As for the geletin, you can use a plastic fork to break it up.

Ya I use something to break the cubes up. I use homemade 'blender mush' and while I dont add geletin to it the product still does not manage to break apart in the cup after its thawed so I have to wip it up with a knife or something to break it all apart.

That was the problem with my first try, last night...I waited for it to "thaw", but it still stayed together like a gelatin ball...I sort of chopped it up with a fork.

It doesn't really thaw or melt down the way other frozens do, I guess because of the gelatin.

Back
Top Bottom