FOWLR question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ernie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello i was at the LFS today to pick up some more LR was speaking to the guy as i was getting LR and he told me that if i have FOWLR set up that the salinity needs to be higher to mantine the LR but by doing so the fish would get sick. Then stated if i dont raise the salinity the rock would die in approx 4 to 6 months and cause levels in tank to go crazy. Anyone have advice or know if he was correct, incorrect. I have had tank up and running for about 4 months now plus the approx 2 months of intial cycling and havent had any problems as of yet. But am now wondering if i should remove LR to aviod future problems and stress/ disease to fish.

Thanks all.

Keep the level at 1.022-1.026...Your live rock won't die. As long as your doing your pwc and checking your levels, you will be fine.

Your salinity is too low. Most marine fish prefer 1..020-1.025 and liverock from about 1.023-1.025.

Kio's recommendation is good :)

The beneficial bacteria can live in 1.017 if I remember correctly. Probably wanna raise it slightly though for good measure

Back
Top Bottom