Foxface!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone who's "following" my posts knows Ive been waiting for BZA to get my no spot foxface in. Well we got the order today! Got some zoas, a half black angel, cleaner shrimp, neon green tip BTA, a (possibly) dead plate coral, (they are giving us a credit) and the foxface!!! It does have a "spot" but its very faint. We wanted the all yellow but he's got soooo much personality it's totally cool with us. Here's some pics! Foxface in day lights, foxface in "camo" pajamas, (lol), and the BTA.

Attachments

• image-2241242548.jpg
    image-2241242548.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1040636875.jpg
    image-1040636875.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image-3504089804.jpg
    image-3504089804.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 149
AbsoluteFaye said:
Anyone who's "following" my posts knows Ive been waiting for BZA to get my no spot foxface in. Well we got the order today! Got some zoas, a half black angel, cleaner shrimp, neon green tip BTA, a (possibly) dead plate coral, (they are giving us a credit) and the foxface!!! It does have a "spot" but its very faint. We wanted the all yellow but he's got soooo much personality it's totally cool with us. Here's some pics! Foxface in day lights, foxface in "camo" pajamas, (lol), and the BTA.

Was just curious. Has the Angel taken an interest in your zoas? Liveaquari.com says they can be tricky with zoas and soft lps. I have to pull my Kole Tang because it killed my Bubble and is tagging my Pearl and Hydno.

The angel hasn't eaten yet.... It hasn't even been 12 hours so I guess we'll see! He was only $20 and my friend works at a pet store that will take him if he's naughty. Lol. He's looking good though otherwise.

Congrats! Most here know that my brother and i love the foxface...lol. Im happy someone else has bought one! Goodluck, they are great fish

Kind of on the fence with getting a foxface. Just like dwarf angels they can pick on soft and LPS corals so hope yours doesn't! I really want the fish, but I do love my corals :).

AbsoluteFaye said:
Thank you! He was eating everything. He seems really happy. And for $25, can't beat it!!!

Man, I thought my lfs had good prices. Nice score on both fish! Good luck with both of them. Like the owner of my lfs told me, they are wild animals. Who knows how they will act. It's just a guess.

I did have a One Spot once. Great fish but I had a nasty Emperor Angel at the time. Terrorized him until he killed him.

Oh no!!! Your angel killed him? That sucks! My foxface is sleeping next to my angel. Lol. But obviously it's a dwarf angel. I'm just really excited. Hope everyone does well and gets along. My BTA is hiding.... What a jerk! Lol

AbsoluteFaye said:
Oh no!!! Your angel killed him? That sucks! My foxface is sleeping next to my angel. Lol. But obviously it's a dwarf angel. I'm just really excited. Hope everyone does well and gets along. My BTA is hiding.... What a jerk! Lol

Yeah, the Emperor was rambunctious, but it cost him. He thought messing with my Lionfish was a good idea. Didn't work out so well for him. Since then I have gone the more docile direction. The hobby is expensive enough without the livestock going "Lord of the Flies" on each other. :)

I have had my Foxface for almost 1 year. Tons of personality and eats like a pig. I have several LPS, zoas, softies and he never touched any if them. He goes nuts for nori sheets. He will eat until its all gone. Good luck with yours.

I have had my Foxface for almost 1 year. Tons of personality and eats like a pig. I have several LPS, zoas, softies and he never touched any if them. He goes nuts for nori sheets. He will eat until its all gone. Good luck with yours.

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but sanderson, what is your aquarium size? Don't know if tank size would have any influence. I think it's just a gamble...

Your foxface is beautiful!!! Want one so badly!! Your half black angel looks different form mine, wonder if they change as they age like a lot of angels?? Here's what my half-black looks like:

image-741934365.jpg

Or am I seeing your picture wrong? Does yours look like this?

Lol I didn't post a pic of the half black. The pic is hard to see but that's my foxface with his sleeping colors. The angel was camera shy. But mine looks just like your pic.

AbsoluteFaye said:
Lol I didn't post a pic of the half black. The pic is hard to see but that's my foxface with his sleeping colors. The angel was camera shy. But mine looks just like your pic.

Okay- good, cuz I was confused!!! lol. I don't have a foxface, haven't seen the sleepin colors before!! Lol.

AbsoluteFaye said:
Do you have corals with your half black? If so does he bother them? Mines still shy. Hoping hell come out soon.

Nope. I had him in the reef tank, he LOVED to eat all types of coral. :( had to catch hom and he lived in the QT for almost 2 weeks while I cycled a 30g FOWLR. he's now in the FOWLR and we're both happy now. :) I hope yours doesn't nip at coral, I've heard some dwarf angels are ok with coral, but mine wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom