Foxface destroyed my zoas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jaketit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Cool!!!!! Came home from work today and 5 frags with zoas that I love are picked apart. Looks like I got to take the rock work apart AGAIN to catch this frigin fish

Oh wow I'm sorry that happened. It was a risk having that fish, but they are beautiful.

It's just crazy. I had the fish for like 2 months now and he was fine. Then he just got the taste for corals all of a sudden. I'm so over fish.

He was probably looking for bits of algae among the polyps. They can be kind of rough cant they? I have the same problem with my wrasse school bothering zoas looking for worms.

Are you sure he was targeting the zoas? If you can, watch him a little and see. Thats such a bummer though, and i hope my guy doesnt decide to do that...

Man that blows! Some animals are just a gamble that way. I have a foxface too and I'm lucky that he hasn't shown any interest in corals thus far. But I recognize that he might someday.
Is there anything else that might be the culprit or did you catch him in the act?

Ah ha! That's the fastest time I've ever netted a fish in my tank without touching a single rock. I went in there with a fillet knife and a net and grabbed his behind. I'm so hot tight now. Sorry

So I brought him back to the store, and they told me that is was almost unheard of for a fox face to eat corals. So he is going to order me a new one this week. I picked up a lawnmower blenny in the mean time. Hopefully the next fox face will be alittle more considerate : ) I feel sorry for the next guy that buys that fish.

So I brought him back to the store, and they told me that is was almost unheard of for a fox face to eat corals. So he is going to order me a new one this week. I picked up a lawnmower blenny in the mean time. Hopefully the next fox face will be alittle more considerate : ) I feel sorry for the next guy that buys that fish.

If the guy at your LFS said it's unheard of for foxface to eat corals.. id steer clear of that place or at least that guy bc he has no idea what he's talking about lol Foxface are considered reef safe "With Caution" which means they will pick at corals if not well fed. Hopefully your next one doesn't cause any trouble for you. Good luck!

Oh he was ripping em right of the rocks. Wiped out some good colonies. It was just starting to look good too.

Back
Top Bottom