Fragging....how?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IworkatPSP

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently picked up a huge montipora capricornis. Roughly 10" x 6 ". I would like to frag it to give pieces to my friends and to trade with others as well. But I'm not sure how to frag it. I've fragged softies, but never hard corals. Is there more to it then just snapping it off?

Thanks,

Matt

I freagged mine when I moved it and some peices broke off. You should be able to snap some off. The hard part is making sure you don't make the mother colony look bad :)

Yeah thats what I was worrying about. It is such a nice piece but it looks outta place in my tank let alone in Mattys (IWorkAtPSP's) 30g. We are gonna give it a couple of weeks before we frag it. Just to let everyone know Purple Monti frags coming soon. Here is a picture of the mother colony.

Attachments

• pict0028_729.jpg
    pict0028_729.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 47
Thank you very much Hara. Youre always on top on things around here.

I like to use a dremel with a diamond blade on it. You can then carve it just the way I want it so that I can keep the mother colony in good shape. Otherwise you can just snap it.

Back
Top Bottom