Frags?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Where do you buy your frags from? I've had good luck with certain people on ebay, but I keep getting outbid in the coral I really want! Just wondering where everyone else shops?

I usually go to shops. There are enough shops with cheap frag sections around close enough (sometimes require a day trip) to get almost anything I want.

You are going to have to pay for what you really want. On eBay I wait until about 20 seconds left in the auction and bid the absolute max I will pay. Then I either get it or I don't. This keeps prices down but gives me a chance. I assume you know how much it sells for. Decide if that would be worth it to you and go for it.

Yeah, that's what I do on ebay, and I always seem to be beat by 2 cents! I only have 3 fish stores by me, the close one never has anything (and the things I special ordered died) the other 2 are an hour away!

Have you tried requesting at the other two? Not special ordring but letting them know what you want. Then when they get it they should call you so you can come in to see if you want it.

Then it is the tough decision of whether or not you want to pay more for those corals. You can try bidding more and see how it goes. Either you end up paying more than you wanted but get the hard to find coral you have been wanting, or the other guy still outbids you and you at least make him earn it, and give the seller a better price.

An ebay trick I always used is if my max bid is going to be $10. I will bid 10.02 or something like that because the person before you may have bid 10.00. That way you don't bump it up another dollar or five, and $10.02 is no different than $10.00.

lbannie said:
Yeah, that's what I do on ebay, and I always seem to be beat by 2 cents! I only have 3 fish stores by me, the close one never has anything (and the things I special ordered died) the other 2 are an hour away!

Who is the seller?

I just get mine from my LFS. Yes they have lots of majanos in the tank but their frag plugs tend to be clean and have just about anything I want. I'm in California so I get a lot of things from the Solomon Islands.

Sarcothelia said:
I just get mine from my LFS. Yes they have lots of majanos in the tank but their frag plugs tend to be clean and have just about anything I want. I'm in California so I get a lot of things from the Solomon Islands.

Nice!!!

Back
Top Bottom