Frankenfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BallinCrew10

Aquarium Advice FINatic
24 hrs after carpet surfing and being stepped on by my daughter...IT'S ALIVE!!! I was just about to leave when my daughter screamed and I saw my flasher wrasse lying on the floor. Picked him up dusted him off and back in he went. He sank to the bottom and didn't move. I was late for work and cruel as it might sound, I left and told my wife to text me it's fate. His gills were moving so I was hopeful. Bam. Back at it the next day like it never even happened lol

Attachments

• image-457030258.jpg
    image-457030258.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 136
You are kidding me... Because of this story this fish might have just made my stock list. Hahah AWESOME!!

Let me clarify. He wasn't on the floor for 24 hours lol, this pic was taken 24hours after the incident. I thought for sure when she stepped on him she crushed some organs, broke its back, or something.

Swimming and eating fine. A little timid but I think I would be too given what happened lol.

Thats sweet. I had a oscar that was on the floor long enuff for the edges of it's fins to completely dry and it didnt die.

Not sure of exactly how long he was on the floor. A couple minutes I'd say, he was pretty dry. My daughter also weighs 50lbs or so, on a 3 inch fish. He's one tough sob.

My solar fairy rasse did the same thing, my daughter found him dry on the floor when I was at work. My wife picked him up and put him in and he sank. An hour later he was missing, 3 hours later swimming around. We couldn't belive it. He then got ich (ya you could say he was stressed) and I thought that's gotta be it........nope he only developed like 5 or 6 white spots adn they were gone in a few days. He's a happy healthy fish now and I put a lid on my tank...lol

While I've not yet had a fish reach the floor, my exquisite wrasse did jump, bounce off the lights (the BAM! alerted me), and end up in the HOB overflow. In fact, it took me hours to realize he was in there. I was measuring for a lid (LOL) when I saw his little pink nose poking up. So cramped, he couldn't move, but he was fine immediately after that. Wrasses seem to be pretty tough.

Back
Top Bottom