Friends Tank Needs Help!(long)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crawling68

Aquarium Advice Activist
Me and my friends go to the same bar every friday to wind down from the week. Over time, ive got to know the owner pretty good. He has a 60X18X24(110?) Salt water tank. Over time(1 year abouts) it has not grown much(my tank looks better after 2 months). After talking last night night, he said the guy that cares for it comes maybe once a month, and he would pay me to take care of it. This is how the tank is so far:

110-115 gal TruVu/w built in overflow
20 gal? Wet Filter( i say wet because it is damn near full of water, no dry)
100-120lbs Almost live rock(its sad looking)
Mag 9.5? return
1 250Watt Ebo-Jager Heater
1 96watt PC
Gravity of 1.020 and it sits at 86 degrees.
In the tank is:
Niger Trigger
Clown Trigger
White tip Squirrel fish
Foxface
Bluehead wrasse
Emperor Tang
Sailfin Tang
Long Spined Porcupine
Blue Damsel
Yellow tail Damsel
2 2Banded Clown's

Besides the obvious higher gravity, lower temperature, more flow, more light, it looks good. I doubt i will be able to talk him out of removing some fish, so im going to start with more light. What do you think would be a good light for it. He basically told me the tank was mine to do what i want with it, so im going to bring it back to life. Thanks Guys.

well the wet(dry) sounds like just a sump.

dose he have a skimmer? if not that would be a must add. as for the sad looking live rock you could add more pc to it and if you do that add some 03. the 03 will grow the coralline and not the brown stuff. what are his water levels at?

True, currentley the wet/dry is a sump, so i need to drain it down a little bit. I was also thinking about a minum of 4x96 PC's and a skimmer.

Back
Top Bottom