Frogspawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkushy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can my ftogspawn be placed close enough to touch my torch coral?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

they'll most likely sting one another
I try to keep 6 inch apart with everything filling the voids with zoa's

I have frogspawns and torches touching with no problems.. frogspawns, torches and hammers are all in the euphllyia genus so there shouldn't be any problems

I have frogspawns and torches touching with no problems.. frogspawns, torches and hammers are all in the euphllyia genus so there shouldn't be any problems

They can still sting each other, just usually don't but I'd still keep an eye on it for a while, especially the torch as they can be a little more aggressive.

How aggressive is the frogspawn towards most types of brain corals?? Placement is harder than I ever thought it could be. Between lighting flow and fighting.......lol

I would be much more worried about frogspawn vs brains than frogspawn vs torch. I had a acan colony get pushed over by a snail and it got to close to a frogspawn... Not any serious damage that it didn't quickly recover from but it definitely didn't like being stung by it for the 12+ hours that is was next to the frogspawn.

I have frogspawn, torch, hammer , octospawn all within touching distance and never had any problems

Usually euphillia corals can be near without any problems... Sometime some people get problems... It's case to case... Try it, if it look bad after a certain amount of time, then make a bigger distance.

I bunch hammers, frogspawns and sometimes torches. Never had a problem. But common advice is that hammers and frogspawns work together and torches stand alone.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403721507.168515.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited:
I wish, my bouquet is about 1/4 that size, but growing fast. This was a LFS in Phoenix.

But you can mix the colors and get these great forests. But notice, no torches. My torch doesn't like to be too close to anything but another torch.

Last edited:
I wish, my bouquet is about 1/4 that size, but growing fast. This was a LFS in Phoenix.

But you can mix the colors and get these great forests. But notice, no torches. My torch doesn't like to be too close to anything but another torch.

Yeah that's beautiful for sure! Especially the blueish hammer in between the 2 big froggies, love that contrast. And yeah I've had a couple torches that were nasty too, couldn't put them near anything.

For that very reason, this is my last torch. Why mess with a coral with that mean a disposition when there are other LPS just as colorful and that live peacefully with each other?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403743294.604377.jpg

My torch in the middle killing anything that gets near it (coral wise).

Only have the one huge engineer goby, he killed his mate last year. The remaining one on the right is now 12" and as thick as a a big mans thumb.

Very true, with so many beautiful options why have something you have to isolate like that. It's crazy how big the engineers end up compared to what you see in the lfs. That big boy must really move some sand :)

my engineer is almost three years old he was about a inch when I got him,
now he's close to about 20 inch's, everyone always told me they only got to be about a foot , I think they need to tell him that, he is a ripe to watch but he is a pain too always stealing corals to hide in his cave , he chased my lobster out of his hole now he lives on the other side of the tank ,
img_2980001_0_a8a80d46936bd97070349067ed1ecc6c.jpg

Mines at 12" I was TOLD they didn't get bigger than 10" At 20" he would look like Cecile the Seasick Sea Serpent (showing my age). LOL

Can my ftogspawn be placed close enough to touch my torch coral?

I just wanted to post a pic of my Aussi Orange Blue tipped torch next to my bi colored branching hammer.....my torch is clearly stinging him and has won that battle.... So from my experience....I would keep them apart!

Sent from my HTC One X using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1404253114258.jpg
    1404253114258.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom