Frogspawn Won't Open All The Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So one day I came home and something had knocked my frogspawn coral to the bottom of the tank and now it won't open up as big as it used to it only opens to a tiny bit every day.
This is how much it opens now...

And the second photo is how much it used to open. Any ideas why it won't open up anymore?

Attachments

• image-2404773459.jpg
    image-2404773459.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 140
  • image-2848526108.jpg
    image-2848526108.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 160
I would let it go a few days. I dont know if it`s the picture or not but it seems kind of dark in there.

They are Coralife 10,000K 36 Watt and a Coralife Actinic 36 Watt but the 10,000K is out....im sure that's causing problems

Keeping a frogspawn under those lights can be tough. With one of the bulbs out it would make it that much harder. If one bulb is burnt out, the other is likely used up as well. I'd replace both bulbs and see how the frogspawn does. If needed you can move the frag up closer to the lights.

AquaRick said:
Keeping a frogspawn under those lights can be tough. With one of the bulbs out it would make it that much harder. If one bulb is burnt out, the other is likely used up as well. I'd replace both bulbs and see how the frogspawn does. If needed you can move the frag up closer to the lights.

Oh but it's weird because it was doing just fine before it fell...I'm gonna pick up lights tomorrow

It's on a rock basically and something knocked it down to to the bottom of the tank

Attachments

• image-3944966441.jpg
    image-3944966441.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 93
Ah ok. I'm assuming you moved it back to where it was? How long had it been on that part of the rock before it didn't open up anymore?

On the same day I put it back it opened up as much as it did in the pick and it hasn't opened up anymore

I got the lights a while back and forgot to post but it finally started opening back up all the way, so yay:)

Back
Top Bottom