From QT to DT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've done it a few times bringing fish from the QT to the DT but am curious as to how others do it. The parameters are close if not the very same between the tanks but just curious. Going from 10g to 120g.

Thanks Steve

sdergar said:
I've done it a few times bringing fish from the QT to the DT but am curious as to how others do it. The parameters are close if not the very same between the tanks but just curious. Going from 10g to 120g.

Thanks Steve

I use drip acclimation for all fish transfers. But I've never had 2 tanks with the same water parameters.

I acclimate using a full stream through airline tubing and then either a fw bath or Formalin bath before adding to tank.

Innovator said:
I acclimate using a full stream through airline tubing and then either a fw bath or Formalin bath before adding to tank.

FW/Formalin bath?

Is that different from taking water from the tank it's going into and with air tubing dripping it into water the fish has been in? That's how I do my drip, about a gallon an hour and then dip acclimate for temp adjustment.

Fish to be acclimated transferred to bucket. Airline at full stream from DT to bucket. After 30mins max of acclimation I either:

-Drain bucket just above the fishes dorsal and fill with fw. They remain in fw (0-2ppt) for 30-50 minutes and then released into DT.
or
-Once acclimated measure out 3 gallons within the bucket and add appropriate amount of Formalin for a 60 minute bath. Add in airstone for vigorous agitation.

Innovator said:
Fish to be acclimated transferred to bucket. Airline at full stream from DT to bucket. After 30mins max of acclimation I either:

-Drain bucket just above the fishes dorsal and fill with fw. They remain in fw (0-2ppt) for 30-50 minutes and then released into DT.
or
-Once acclimated measure out 3 gallons within the bucket and add appropriate amount of Formalin for a 60 minute bath. Add in airstone for vigorous agitation.

Sounds like a good method, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom