Frustrated with lighting!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macscale

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I have found it nearly impossible to find the right fixture for my 20g high nano. I've looked everywhere and at everything. From metal halide to DIY LEDS.
Could somebody here recommend a fixture. Preferably a LED fixture. Under $200 would be great! And NO DIY LEDS.
Thanks in advance.

The taotronics LEDs from eBay and Amazon have been quite popular here. One unit will cover 2 feet of tank, so more than enough for what you are trying to do. Try to get a dimmable unit so you can acclimate corals to them.

The taotronics LEDs from eBay and Amazon have been quite popular here. One unit will cover 2 feet of tank, so more than enough for what you are trying to do. Try to get a dimmable unit so you can acclimate corals to them.

With the 165w TaoTronics, what corals would I be able to grow?

Agree with Sniper. I bought one from Ebay for about $150 shipped, and it is a great light. I could grow anything I want with it. I started mine at about 25% and increased to 50% whites and 60% blues over a couple weeks, and have not needed more light than that for my softies and lps.
Mine was not the Taotronics, but there are several versions of the dimmable LEDs out there. Just check the seller reviews before purchasing.

Back
Top Bottom