Fuge Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have some nice green/red growth on the rock in my fuge. Oddly enough the rock in my tank has very little. Does it make sense to transfer some? All the rock came in the same shipment which I find odd.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416627116.505132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well. I am assuming the rock in the fuge is growing the "good" stuff everyone wants. Will it eventually make its way onto the rock in the tank?

I only see a clump of cheato and what is probably going to be hair algae. That isn't good in your display, but is still a macro algae that will absorb the nutrients you want to export all the same.
"Good" algae can make it around in the system if/when it shows up.

Ok. I will stay put and be patient. I am very jealous of some of the nice purple/green/red rock in some tanks I see. Thanks for the advice.

That's the part I don't get. I used an old fluorescent strip lite in my fuge. My display tank has a coralife aqualight pro with 4 10k actinics and 2 150w metal halides.

Algae prefers a certain frequency band (color) in the light spectrum and may not be blue. The intensity and duration would also contribute to their growth. Your rocks in the fuge probably is getting more light with the right condition for coralline algae. Why not swap some of the rocks and see what happens?

Back
Top Bottom