gas for generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am heading to store to get gas for my generator the power may go out here in a few and i want to be prepared how do you guys handel your power outages

I dont do anything for it. Power is usually back on in 4 hrs or less. If it`s during the winter I might wrap it up with a blanket.

We just lost power here last weekend from severe storms for two days.... I left it alone for the first day in the dark to see the temp had dropped about 5 degrees. I then took an hour drive to the lake house to grab the generator from there. After an hour drive back I shut off main breaker and put a male to male plug into the wall from the generator and back fed the line to the tank. (not the best idea to backfeed but my three kids were desperate as well) I ended up losing a german blue ram I had just introduced the day before. I then went and purchased a bubbler from bass pro shop. Just an inexpensive battery powered air pump. The blanket would have been a good idea to help temerature. I'm afraid in my case my Co2 may have overcome the oxygen in the tank from no circulation for around 12 hours, but I'm not sure. I will be prepared tho from now on. You really don't think about it till it happens and the power company estimates 3 days.

we just use our generator on the tv internet a few lights a little cooking table and my tank no lighting on tank just filtration and heat

Back
Top Bottom