GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the YWG and the hi fin should be fine. :) The YWG is generally a chill fish so he doesnt move around alot while the hi fin should be quite active.

If you are thinking about a two spot goby i would pass on that one. needs an established sandbed to eat and are generally very difficult to keep. :)

Haha ya i heard the two spot were difficult! Not something we want in our first reef :D haha but cool, i like the YWG, hes one of my favorites!

Final warning- if this thread goes off topic again it will be closed. AA is not a chat site. If you would like to chit chat, please use our chat room.

Okay so
1 occ. Clown
1 bangaii cardinal
1 gramma
1 YWG
1 high fin red banded goby? Nunu agree?
1 scissortail dartfish

Everybody like this one? Haha!
Also, we are planning on buying the live rock in the next week or so, anything special we should know how to do? Transporting it, rock work ideas, etc! We are planning on 30 lbs now, then maybe some baserock later on! Sorry SM! We definatly didnt mean to!

I like the orange striped prawn instead! We are have half the money we need for LR! just 30 more to go!

Gboy66 said:
Okay so
1 occ. Clown
1 bangaii cardinal
1 gramma
1 YWG
1 high fin red banded goby? Nunu agree?
1 scissortail dartfish

Everybody like this one? Haha!
Also, we are planning on buying the live rock in the next week or so, anything special we should know how to do? Transporting it, rock work ideas, etc! We are planning on 30 lbs now, then maybe some baserock later on! Sorry SM! We definatly didnt mean to!

So any suggestions? Things we should know from past experiences?

Just transport the rock submerged in salt water, so bring some buckets with you when you pick it up. :)

make sure the rock doesn't have aipastia like said before and there is noa lgae or anything that doesn't look "right" to you. A good deal is nice but not if you are gonna have problems with it in the future. Go to your lfs and look at what their LR looks like if you need to. :)

carey said:
Just transport the rock submerged in salt water, so bring some buckets with you when you pick it up. :)

make sure the rock doesn't have aipastia like said before and there is noa lgae or anything that doesn't look "right" to you. A good deal is nice but not if you are gonna have problems with it in the future. Go to your lfs and look at what their LR looks like if you need to. :)

Ok! So can it be in water from the tap that has been made into sw? So ill have to buy the salt mix first?

Ask the guy if he can give you the water it's in. or since the die off isn't really an issue since you'll be cycling, you can wrap each rock with newspaper soaked from his tank and transport it that way.

carey said:
Ask the guy if he can give you the water it's in. or since the die off isn't really an issue since you'll be cycling, you can wrap each rock with newspaper soaked from his tank and transport it that way.

Oh, ok! Since the person selling only lives like 10 minutes away, would it be alright just in buckets dry? I say that vecause im not sure if the seller would give me water or not, but ill email him/ her!

Ok good! We emailed the lady, and she said "bring a 5g bucket, and ill give you enough water to transport the rock" yay! I guess i dot have to worry about that! Ok, so on the list of things to buy, in order it goes.....

Salt mix and ro water
Live rock! 30lbs
2nd filter, AC 70
Refractometer
More base rock?

Suggestions on the order of purchases?

I think the list looks good as it is. As long as you have a filter on the tank you can begin cycling. :-D

You can add the base rock as you go, no need to worry about spike or anything with that so I'd make that last.

Do you have your test kit and at least a swing arm for salinity?

carey said:
I think the list looks good as it is. As long as you have a filter on the tank you can begin cycling. :-D

You can add the base rock as you go, no need to worry about spike or anything with that so I'd make that last.

Do you have your test kit and at least a swing arm for salinity?

I have a small 10g filter which i will have on right now with the protein skimmer. Think that should hold me over until i can get a better one? I have a test kit for fw, but how do i get a color chart for sw? And no, i dont have a swing arm, problem. I dont want to but the swing arm now, then the refractometer a month down the road, because thatd be a waste. But i guess i do need somthing to measure the salinity with!

bruinsbro1997 said:
WOW just found this thread...LOL! Can't wait to see how it turns out! :)

You can order the color charts on Amazon.

Hahah yay! Im glad youll be following along :) and i will check amazon then! I will probably be buying the filter that R-meter there too

Indeed, Amazon is a great place.

Also, if you can't find what you're looking for, try eBay. Better yet, fishneedit.com. <----Always have good stuff for low prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom