GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bruinsbro1997 said:
Indeed, Amazon is a great place.

Also, if you can't find what you're looking for, try eBay. Better yet, fishneedit.com. <----Always have good stuff for low prices.

Ya, couldnt find it on amazon. Ill check both those sites now. And powerheads you all recommend for my 30? Carey, i might jist get one in yoir bulk buy, but not sure yet

I had 2 750 koralias in my 29g. I would get at least 2 550's for the best circulation.

And sure, you can jump into the group buy anytime. Just let me know. I know BRS had good deals on koralias last time but were out of stock on alot of them.

carey said:
I had 2 750 koralias in my 29g. I would get at least 2 550's for the best circulation.

And sure, you can jump into the group buy anytime. Just let me know. I know BRS had good deals on koralias last time but were out of stock on alot of them.

Ok, so i need two? Like, to place One up high, and one down low?

bruinsbro1997 said:
+1 with koralias. Only because carey told me they were best via PM :D

Lol :D i like the look of them, they look like little submarine propeller fans hahah

I like them for several reasons. Good flow, fish cant get sucked up by them and the mounting, magnets rock! lol

I keep my powerheads at about the same level and pointing towards the glass and each other. What you want to achieve is total chaotic flow. You don't want any dead spots on the sandbed that debris can accumulate in. :)

carey said:
I like them for several reasons. Good flow, fish cant get sucked up by them and the mounting, magnets rock! lol

I keep my powerheads at about the same level and pointing towards the glass and each other. What you want to achieve is total chaotic flow. You don't want any dead spots on the sandbed that debris can accumulate in. :)

Woah they sound nice!! Ok, well then i guess ill need two. I hope there is a nice discount in the bulk buy :D lol so the power heads will look somthing like this as far as water flow? Do sw fish like it that much? Hahah i like the magnet thing though.
------> <--------

Sucks being a broke kid. Only way i earn money is by doing chores in thr house, and the house is spotless!! Hahah oh well!

I have mine at more of an angle, they are further back on the sides and go towards each other meeting at the glass as far as flow. The flow then bounces off the glass and gets everywhere. In my 55g I have them both aimed to the rocks and each other. You will have to see what works best for you.

it will depend on the rock formations and all as to where to aim them to get the best flow.

It is not fun making a dollar for cleaning every window in the house. Hahaha not very easy to get mony that way! And how much is each one of those powerheads?? Might cost more then we can make! Also, the lady i want to buy LR from said she would give me 30lb for 60 bucks. Do i need 30 or could i go 20?

For that price I would go with the 30lbs. You will be good with that amount and wouldnt really NEED to add base rock. Just make sure the rock is good is all.

The powerheads run about $35 or so each i think. You can find good deals on ebay though if you check.

Okay thank you. I think we will get the rock first because it has many things growing on it alredy. Then filter and then probably powerheads!

carey said:
For that price I would go with the 30lbs. You will be good with that amount and wouldnt really NEED to add base rock. Just make sure the rock is good is all.

The powerheads run about $35 or so each i think. You can find good deals on ebay though if you check.

Ya, cool!! 2 per pound is good, but seems too good to be true...ever heard of a deal like that? And where on the list should i put the powerheads?

I've seen it locally here for $2 a lb on occasion, it's usually a standard $3 though. I bought my very first live rock for $3 a lb too. :)

I'd add a powerhead as soon as you start cycling, flow is very important with live rock. Even if you add just one for now and place it on the opposite side of where your filter output is.

We might have to hold off on the LR deal, because i dont think we will be able to get all of the equipment soon enough to properly start. Think we will find a deal like this later on? :'(

What salt mix do you all recommend?

Also, carey, think i could use my old powerhead that i was going to use for mixing (no intake nozzle) in the beginning during the cycle? Then get the other two later on?

carey said:
Sure can use it. You'll have no dish to get sucked up by it so you should be fine

Great! Ill use it for the time being, but change once the cycle is finishing. I didnt see te powerheads you recommended on craigslist, though.

Also, what is a salt mix you use/ recommend?

I just use instant ocean. Cheap and readily available usually. I get mine by the box, 200g of salt mix for about $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom