GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SwimsWithFish said:
Actually add the clowns last. They have been known to pair up and kill everything in the tank if added first...:l

Ohh great advice! I think the shrimp will go in first! Haha

SwimsWithFish said:
Id go ahead with the gramma. Only aggresive to fish that look like it. You should add it last. The YWG and blenny might no do so well because there both bottom dwellers and the goby might attack it.:)

Ya i was wondering about the goby AND blenny. I wasnt sure if itd work either. Any 6th fih suggestions?

SwimsWithFish said:
Actually add the clowns last. They have been known to pair up and kill everything in the tank if added first...:l

My clowns were added first and I've never had any problems with them. Except for chasing fish away from their batch of eggs, which is normal.

So, do you all think that we should delay buying the live rock longer, and buy an ro di unit first...or buy it later?

I would set it up and use distilled water or buy rodi from the lfs and THEN get an rodi. I would also go with dry rock btw...

You'll need SOME LR to seed the dry rock. You can buy RO water fairly cheap at a supermarket or your LFS.

BallinCrew10 said:
You'll need SOME LR to seed the dry rock. You can buy RO water fairly cheap at a supermarket or your LFS.

That's true if you want to seed it for looks... But as far as filtration you can do 100% dry as long as you cycle with it.

SwimsWithFish said:
I would set it up and use distilled water or buy rodi from the lfs and THEN get an rodi. I would also go with dry rock btw...

Ya we were going to, but found someone selling lr for 2$ a pound near us. If its just as cheap and good quality why not?

SwimsWithFish said:
That's true if you want to seed it for looks... But as far as filtration you can do 100% dry as long as you cycle with it.

Yes, also we are thinking about an aqua clear 70 for filtration, along with the protein skimmer and all the rock!!

SwimsWithFish said:
Then go for it!!

Cool!! So any coral recomendations? We will have a coralife 4 bulb t5ho. Is it really a 4 bulb though because it has 2 pairs of bulbs kinda, like 2 next to eachother on one side, and another 2 next to eachother on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom