GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha okay for all of you still following this thread (probably not many) this is what i want the tank to look like!

That's a pretty wicked scape but you would need some slate rock for the shelfs. I'm sure you'll find a way though.

Haha ya i dont know if i would be able to get any shelfs, but hopefully my skape looks similar to that one! ;)

Yess!!

We recieved the correct adaptor for our new ro unit in the mail today! Its time to fill up the tank! Lol.

The first pic is the adaptor the ro unit came with, the second photo is the one we had to order so i would fit. :)

Attachments

• image-1736306804.jpg
    image-1736306804.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 83
  • image-2742839671.jpg
    image-2742839671.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 73
needmorecowbell said:
I bought one for the hose. I hope mine comes that fast, i was just emailed that it shipped.

Nice ya ours came quickly!!

Ours also fits on the nozzle for the garage, so thats even better!

Ok guys, cross your fingers that our rocks come tomorrow! If they do, i guarentee that we will be rockscaping for hours!

Question!! Should we mix all of the water tonight and let it all mix in the tank over night? Or do it when the rocks come? Can my rodi even make 30 gallons tonight? Maybe make half tonight and half tomorrow?

Mix the water overnight and don't put it in the tank. Put the base of the scape in with half of the sand and fill it up halfway. Them do the rest. It might overfill any other way.

needmorecowbell said:
Mix the water overnight and don't put it in the tank. Put the base of the scape in with half of the sand and fill it up halfway. Them do the rest. It might overfill any other way.

But i dont have anything to mix 30 gallons of water in...

Plus, i dont know if the base rock is coming tonight, should i just mix the water the day it comes?

Gboy66 said:
Ok good, so can someone run me through the initial fill-up process?

Pretty simple. After your rock comes add half sand then rock then rest of sand. Start filling your tank with the FW RODI. Leave space for 5g or so in the tank then fill a separate bucket with FW RODI. add the recommended amount of salt for 30g into the 5g bucket and once it dissolves add it to the tank. Everything should stabilize overnight

Ibrahim said:
Pretty simple. After your rock comes add half sand then rock then rest of sand. Start filling your tank with the FW RODI. Leave space for 5g or so in the tank then fill a separate bucket with FW RODI. add the recommended amount of salt for 30g into the 5g bucket and once it dissolves add it to the tank. Everything should stabilize overnight

Oh! I dont put the salt directly into the tank, but into the separate bucket? Got it!
Ok, now i dont know what i should do for the fw water. Should i just buy market rodi water, make the entire 30 gallons with my rodi, or buy sw from the lfs?
I just want to make sure i do this right at the beginning!

Gboy66 said:
Oh! I dont put the salt directly into the tank, but into the separate bucket? Got it!
Ok, now i dont know what i should do for the fw water. Should i just buy market rodi water, make the entire 30 gallons with my rodi, or buy sw from the lfs?
I just want to make sure i do this right at the beginning!

All the options will work. But doing it yourself will be the cheapest

Sheesh! Based on that, should i maybe just but all rodi water at the lfs for around 10 bucks? Or maybe do half that, and half my rodi water?

Maybe i could start filling up a day earlier?

Gboy66 said:
Sheesh! Based on that, should i maybe just but all rodi water at the lfs for around 10 bucks? Or maybe do half that, and half my rodi water?

Maybe i could start filling up a day earlier?

I'd get all RODI water then. Lucky for me mines makes about 5g in 5 mins.

Ibrahim said:
I'd get all RODI water then. Lucky for me mines makes about 5g in 5 mins.

Haha well arent you lucky!

Is it alright if i mix and fill up my tank tomorrow, even if the rock isnt here? I wouldnt add sand either but could i fill it up with water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom