GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before putting the sand in, wash it in RO. That should also help with cloudiness a bit

fishy5559 said:
Before putting the sand in, wash it in RO. That should also help with cloudiness a bit

Is tap wter not good to wash sand in? It usually takes alot of water to wash sand (especially my dirty sand) and i havent got much ro haha

I did tap water, but do a final rinse in RO.
So tap water is fine, aslong as the final rinse is done in RO

fishy5559 said:
I did tap water, but do a final rinse in RO.
So tap water is fine, aslong as the final rinse is done in RO

Ok, will do! Thanks guys!

Rock still isnt here by 9:30....haha

Hey guys, we have two large bags of sas that the tank came with and its grains are very small. We also have a bag of the exact same sand, but the grains are a bit larger. Should i mix them? Do i have too much for a 30 g?

1st pic is of the small grained sand, next is the larger grained sand. Just wondering if its too much sand

Attachments

• image-3333075654.jpg
    image-3333075654.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 65
  • image-111052591.jpg
    image-111052591.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 76
Gboy66 said:
Hey guys, we have two large bags of sas that the tank came with and its grains are very small. We also have a bag of the exact same sand, but the grains are a bit larger. Should i mix them? Do i have too much for a 30 g?

1st pic is of the small grained sand, next is the larger grained sand. Just wondering if its too much sand

Don't mix. The larger grain sand will make it to the top. Is there not enough sand?

No theres enough, but i thought we should have a little deeper sand bed.

How long do we keep washing the sand? The water is murky every time we fill it up, so are we finally done when the water comes up clear?

Thanks!

Gboy66 said:
No theres enough, but i thought we should have a little deeper sand bed.

How long do we keep washing the sand? The water is murky every time we fill it up, so are we finally done when the water comes up clear?

Thanks!

You could mix it in if you really wanted to.Twist the sand around with your hand to stir up the dirt.

Nah i do t think ill mix it, it might look bad.
And just be done when the water is clear?

Does anyone know about this rodi i have? The one for 65$ on ebay. I plug it in, turn on the water, and it only produces waste water. Also, the mambrane tube has water shooting everywhere, and i barely even turn on the water pressure. Its pretty frusterating

I've got mixed sand bed, as I put my sand I brought in. But alot of it was shells also.
When I got my LR they also gave me some, so I added it to make it look more like sand, and for more depth and I think it looks pretty good.

A DSB isn't needed, unless you want fish that dig

And just be done when the water is clear?

Depends what the sand is like, if it is fine sand it will never be clear. But wash it a couple of times then rinse in RO and it should be fine. And should't cloud so much

fishy5559 said:
Depends what the sand is like, if it is fine sand it will never be clear. But wash it a couple of times then rinse in RO and it should be fine. And should't cloud so much

Ok good i did this.

Well, the rodi is giving me trouble, so i might just so and buy all the water :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom