GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok good i did this.

Well, the rodi is giving me trouble, so i might just so and buy all the water :(

How is the ro/di giving you trouble? Whats the problem? I'm no expert, but I am good enough to do some of my own plumbing...so I might be able to help... as long as it is a simple set up lol.

Well, the membrane tube part leaks and i shut the cap as tight as possible. I expected this, but i can only get waste water, and no pure water. I dont get it

You aren't getting your return water due to the leak. I had that issue at first. Either you can tighten that up more to stop the leaking...or you tightened it to much. When you tighten it to much you can break the seal and strip the threads out of it. It can be a delicate art...but thankfully I have a unit not only on my home water, but my parents have one and a UV sterilizer on theirs. So I've played with them enough. Try loosening it alittle bit and give it another shot. If that doesn't help then tighten more. If that doesn't do it, find someone stronger than you.

Sniperhank said:
You aren't getting your return water due to the leak. I had that issue at first. Either you can tighten that up more to stop the leaking...or you tightened it to much. When you tighten it to much you can break the seal and strip the threads out of it. It can be a delicate art...but thankfully I have a unit not only on my home water, but my parents have one and a UV sterilizer on theirs. So I've played with them enough. Try loosening it alittle bit and give it another shot. If that doesn't help then tighten more. If that doesn't do it, find someone stronger than you.

Oh, make it looser? Ok! Ill try. And someone stronger than me? Do you have the hulk's phone number? Lol

On the directions it said to "flush" the membrane? What could i do for this?

Well i checked youtube and couldnt find out much. It cant be somthing too complicated...

Type it into google and it'll tell you what they are talking about. But pretty much it is a full flow that will flush out the system, rather than going through a restrictor. I just ran about...10 gallons of distilled and threw it away to make sure things were clean in there. That's all I did with mine.

Sniperhank said:
Type it into google and it'll tell you what they are talking about. But pretty much it is a full flow that will flush out the system, rather than going through a restrictor. I just ran about...10 gallons of distilled and threw it away to make sure things were clean in there. That's all I did with mine.

So you just turned the water on full blast? Did you get any pure water out of it?

Yes, the point is that you'll have a ton of crap that needs worked out of a fresh unit and filters. So you don't collect it or you don't use it. I collected it so I knew how fast I was producing and how much I was getting rid of. 10 gallons is my lucky number.

Sniperhank said:
Yes, the point is that you'll have a ton of crap that needs worked out of a fresh unit and filters. So you don't collect it or you don't use it. I collected it so I knew how fast I was producing and how much I was getting rid of. 10 gallons is my lucky number.

Oh! Well when i turn it on even moderatly high, water shoots all over the place and i back away thinking that its going to blow up lol

Gboy66 said:
Oh! Well when i turn it on even moderatly high, water shoots all over the place and i back away thinking that its going to blow up lol

Lol mines does the same. I just wrap a cloth around it. If you get a metal adapter it should stop doing that.

Ibrahim said:
Lol mines does the same. I just wrap a cloth around it. If you get a metal adapter it should stop doing that.

Really? But mine isnt producing any pure water!!

What would a metal adaptor do? It leaks at the faucet, but also at the membrane canister lid!

Gboy66 said:
Really? But mine isnt producing any pure water!!

What would a metal adaptor do? It leaks at the faucet, but also at the membrane canister lid!

lol Idk what it does. When I used a metal adapter it just stopped leaking lol

Ibrahim said:
lol Idk what it does. When I used a metal adapter it just stopped leaking lol

Well darn. Im really bummed about this thing. It just wont work and iv tried it all. I guess now ill go turn up the water full blast and see what happens

needmorecowbell said:
That could be bad.. Make sure the water isn't hot of really cold. That was one of the warnings.

Ya, haha it could be. It is pretty much right in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom