GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibrahim said:
Um.... I'm not sure but it might make it rise by one point. You can add the salt in the last bucket. And yes you can turn on the pumps etc now but not the protein skimmer until you have the salt in your tank.

Oh i kindof messe up. I meant like, if you add a cup too much does that change the salinity drastically?

Ok, ill add the salt tomorrow possibly. I still have to callibrate my refractometer haba

Gboy66 said:
Oh i kindof messe up. I meant like, if you add a cup too much does that change the salinity drastically?

Ok, ill add the salt tomorrow possibly. I still have to callibrate my refractometer haba

No not really. At most by one point ex if it was 1.023 it might change change to 1.024 but it won't change to 1.022

Ibrahim said:
No not really. At most by one point ex if it was 1.023 it might change change to 1.024 but it won't change to 1.022

Oh, ok i got it!

So what if after i fill up, the reading says somthing bad like ex: it says 1.027. Then i want to lower the salinity. How would i do that? What about raising the salinity?

Gboy66 said:
Oh, ok i got it!

So what if after i fill up, the reading says somthing bad like ex: it says 1.027. Then i want to lower the salinity. How would i do that? What about raising the salinity?

In order to lower just remove saltwater and top off with RO water. In order to raise the SG remove some water and add about a cup or two to raise the SG by one or two points.

Ibrahim said:
In order to lower just remove saltwater and top off with RO water. In order to raise the SG remove some water and add about a cup or two to raise the SG by one or two points.

Thank you so much! Ok, im not sure if iv got everything covered but were getting there!

Are cups a standard measurement over in the states?

I have cups here that are large and small, for instance I have a coffe cup that holds around 400ml and a tea cup that holds around 180ml.....

mfdrookie516 said:
A cup is a measurement. A cup is 236.588237 ml... a measuring cup, and a cup for drinking wouldn't be the same.

Ya so like a cup you use for baking right?

Like blah blah this recipe requires one cup of blank

Convict2161 said:
Subscribed! Good luck guys!!

:)

Thank you sir!

Ok guys, well im planning on saving the other two buckets of rodi ive made and adding them plus the salt on monday. That will give me 25 gallons, which should leave room for all the sand and rocks as far as displacement goes

Just to clarify.....
Add all your water, then start adding salt to the ENTIRE volume of water.
DO NOT add all the salt into 1 5gal bucket of water. What will happen is the alk and calcium will be so high it will precipitate out of solution and will not redissolve. You will end up with a mix very, very low in alk, calcium, or mag...or low in all 3.

ccCapt said:
Just to clarify.....
Add all your water, then start adding salt to the ENTIRE volume of water.
DO NOT add all the salt into 1 5gal bucket of water. What will happen is the alk and calcium will be so high it will precipitate out of solution and will not redissolve. You will end up with a mix very, very low in alk, calcium, or mag...or low in all 3.

Oh really? I thought it was all into the ery last bucket?

Okay, i will add all the salt into the tank (were all the water is being stored)

After that should i turn everything on like the powerheads and skimmer and filter?

Have the tank filled with water and turn on the powerheads. Then start slowly pouring in the salt. Once you have the salinity to around 1.026 (35ppt) you can turn everything else on.

ccCapt said:
Have the tank filled with water and turn on the powerheads. Then start slowly pouring in the salt. Once you have the salinity to around 1.026 (35ppt) you can turn everything else on.

Cool thanks! Were filled!!

Attachments

• image-2373325446.jpg
    image-2373325446.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom