GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
I've heard a lot about clowns, like that their hermaphrodites and it doesn't matter because one will turn male and be more dominant so it wont really matter. I've also heard they need to be paired for it to work which clashes with the other theory so I'm not sure. I don't think it will matter as long as their equal in size but I could be way off. Grammas are hardy. They are a great beginner fish recommended to a lot of people.

Hmm.. Ya iv always heard that clowns should be added together, and if the are not way different sizes that they will fight:(

I actually might go for a gramms first...they are probably my favorite nano fish:)

No don't get gramma first, get it last! As once it gets it's territory, it won't like many new fish.
I would add the 2 clowns first personally.

1 Ocerellis clownfish
1 B&W Clownfish
1 Midas blenny
1 Orange striped prawn goby
1 gramma
1 bangaii cardinal

I would do clowns first
bangaii second
prawn goby third
midas blenny fourth
royal gramma last

fishy5559 said:
1 Ocerellis clownfish
1 B&W Clownfish
1 Midas blenny
1 Orange striped prawn goby
1 gramma
1 bangaii cardinal

I would do clowns first
bangaii second
prawn goby third
midas blenny fourth
royal gramma last

Thank you very much fishy! :)

Cool guys! Any fish suggestions instead of the bangaii? Im sort of rethinking that one

Ibrahim said:
A dartfish maybe?

I would get a scissortail dartfish, but i have never seen one in a store around here!

Maybe a purple firefish..but same story, they arent very active right?

Gboy66 said:
I would get a scissortail dartfish, but i have never seen one in a store around here!

Maybe a purple firefish..but same story, they arent very active right?

Cleaner wrasse?

Ibrahim said:
Cleaner wrasse?

We are getting closer, i like that one:)

I used to kinda want a six line, but then when i saw them in person i kinda disliked them...somthing about their little eyes lol

Are the wrasse active fish?

Gboy66 said:
We are getting closer, i like that one:)

I used to kinda want a six line, but then when i saw them in person i kinda disliked them...somthing about their little eyes lol

Are the wrasse active fish?

Yep they are. So active they jump out your tank so keep it covered.

No don't get gramma first, get it last! As once it gets it's territory, it won't like many new fish.
I would add the 2 clowns first personally.
I put my royal gamma in my tank first and he hasn't had a problem with any of the fish I have in the tank. It will really depend on the fishes personality. I had one lawn mower blenny that never bothered anything. He was big when I got him when he died I got another one he is very aggressive and actually took the clowns fin in its mouth and tried to rip it off. Poor clown fish swam around with the fin tucked to its side for a few minutes.

It is any bodies bet which fish will get along that is why it is so important to take it slow.

joy13 said:
I put my royal gamma in my tank first and he hasn't had a problem with any of the fish I have in the tank. It will really depend on the fishes personality. I had one lawn mower blenny that never bothered anything. He was big when I got him when he died I got another one he is very aggressive and actually took the clowns fin in its mouth and tried to rip it off. Poor clown fish swam around with the fin tucked to its side for a few minutes.

It is any bodies bet which fish will get along that is why it is so important to take it slow.

Oh so the grammas are usually more agressive huh? For that reason, last it is. I would hate to get my favorite fish only to find that he doesnt like friends lol

So should i add the clowns at the same time?

Cleaner wrasse?

I'd strongly advise against this, very poor survival rate. They need a big tank with many big fish. They eat parasites of big fish in the wild. Not many live after a few months.

Look at flasher or peacock

And yes, add both clowns together

fishy5559 said:
I'd strongly advise against this, very poor survival rate. They need a big tank with many big fish. They eat parasites of big fish in the wild. Not many live after a few months.

Look at flasher or peacock

And yes, add both clowns together

I thought both those wrasse needed bugger tanks?

Ok, for the clowns should i make sure that i get two that are different sizes completly?
And even add them together if they are the tanks first two fish?

needmorecowbell said:
I think your tank would be okay for a flasher wrasse.

Cool, i like them all!

But which type? Yellowfin, McCosker's, line spot, red tail, Carpenters, or the blue flasher wrasse?

There are tons of options!

Ok..we added the salt and ummm

We doing this right??

Also, for the filter, ac70, do we add all the stuff it came with? The carbon, sponge, and all of it?

Attachments

• image-3999492739.jpg
    image-3999492739.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 94
Gboy66 said:
Ok..we added the salt and ummm

We doing this right??

Also, for the filter, ac70, do we add all the stuff it came with? The carbon, sponge, and all of it?

You can if you'd like or switch out some of the stuff. I run Fliter floss, carbon, and 2 sponges in all my HOBs

Ibrahim said:
You can if you'd like or switch out some of the stuff. I run Fliter floss, carbon, and 2 sponges in all my HOBs

Ok, i might run this stuff now and switch next time.

Does the tank look right? Is it supposed to be that cloudy?

If you just added your water it sturred up the sand. No big deal. It'll clear up faster with the filtration.

Also, my Royal Gamma, Neon Goby, and my Clown are best friends. They swim infront of my tank all day. The goby hangs on my gamma and my clown has even started eating some mysis shrimp like the gamma and goby...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom