GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
Thank you! Ill probably buy the nice piece and yes, hope lol! I think ill do shrimp too, much easier imo

Get regular pieces then add the good pieces at the end of your cycle.

Ibrahim said:
Get regular pieces then add the good pieces at the end of your cycle.

Ok, wont that cause a mini cycle or somthing with new die off? Or will my BB be able to handle it?

needmorecowbell said:
It will but should clear up in a day. The die off won't be that huge and the bacteria should take care of it.

Ok good haha. Maybe ill look at all the cool pieces, and pick the one i like best to add later.

Could i cycle with just a shrimp? Then add the lr to seed after the cycle?

I really don't like how it smells but if you can stand it then go ahead. I would add a lot of the live rock now and then pick a few cool pieces when its done cycling.

needmorecowbell said:
I really don't like how it smells but if you can stand it then go ahead. I would add a lot of the live rock now and then pick a few cool pieces when its done cycling.

Pshh you have a sensitive nose...lol

Guys, is this natural? We have salt buildup on top of the lid..what the heck??

Attachments

• image-2471443721.jpg
    image-2471443721.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 75
  • image-419353705.jpg
    image-419353705.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 76
needmorecowbell said:
Its not that bad once you get used to it. They clean off pretty fast with vinegar and water.

Ya true. Agreed, its okay.

Ok guys, you know what day it is today??
Friday!!!
Maybe ill get my rocks today;););):)

carey said:
I hope so! You seem to be have been waiting forever! LOL

Haha i know!! Im going to take a pic and put it on here every time i open the box juuust a little bit lol!! Jk

The tracking says it should be here today at the latest...if not i will be very confused!

severum mama said:
I never used a glass lid on my tanks because the lack of gas exchange caused my pH to drop down to about 7.8. Here is an easy DIY project for you guys that is really cheap, won't block out light, and will keep your fish from carpet surfing. Your light will need to have mounting legs to make this work.
Updated: Light Friendly Clear Mesh Screen Cover for Open Top Tanks-Standard/Rimless - Atlanta Reef Club Forums

Cool! So not enough oxygen got into your tank? And whats carpet surfing?

Im not sure how i'd make legs, think i could get them from the maker?

Most fixtures have mounting legs that come with them, or at least that you can buy.

Carpet surfing is when your fish jump out of your tank.

I didn't have enough gas exchange, so pH dropped. Once I removed the lid, it went back up to 8.2. pH is generally higher during the day and the drops at night, but that wasn't it- I tested many times day and night just to be sure it was the lid.

Wow that is weird about the ph. I never would have guessed it was the lid.

Ill look into getting the legs for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom