GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha considering this took us a whole day...i think itll be there awhile:)

Convict: ya man, its pretty sturdy! I dont think itll fall, but the glue we had between te rocks broke off as soon as we put the rocks in the water!!

Here are some new pics of the caves, we built them up a bit to be more concealing for the fish, but easy for us to see them:).

Attachments

• image-3089064589.jpg
    image-3089064589.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3597740927.jpg
    image-3597740927.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1350636880.jpg
    image-1350636880.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 102
  • image-86321875.jpg
    image-86321875.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 92
needmorecowbell said:
If the big arc isnt moving, then I like it! Also, are you putting a background on it at some point?

Thanks! Ya, probably just a black sheet

Like the scape. Also, before too long I would redirect those powerheads to point towards the surface and not the sandbed. If I remember you did that for salt mixing?

Anyway, looking good. You'll have a full tank in no time (relative to saltwater)

TLTGF said:
Like the scape. Also, before too long I would redirect those powerheads to point towards the surface and not the sandbed. If I remember you did that for salt mixing?

Anyway, looking good. You'll have a full tank in no time (relative to saltwater)

Lol ya! Thanks!

Yea the powerheads will benredirected, thanks for reminding me.

So, it is too cloudy? Or can i start up the machinery again? Lol i reeeealy want to get it all going

I like the arc. But I gotta say that long price on the right would make a sick column. And I like to leave space to clean the side glass. It's definately coming along now guys. Congrats!

Don't turn them on yet. I burnt out my biowheel by turning it on with water cloudy like that. Give it a couple days to settle. Having the filter and such running while you cycle isn't a big deal, once it is all settled and you turn it on the BB will populate filters and whatever either way.

KAhner said:
I like the arc. But I gotta say that long price on the right would make a sick column. And I like to leave space to clean the side glass. It's definately coming along now guys. Congrats!

Thanks!! Long column? The one under the arc you mean?

needmorecowbell said:
Alright, it'll look cool with it. It makes everything pop out at you.

Oh definitly, i have one on my 40 fw and it really does help!

Thanks youknowit!! Im glad you like it!

So we bought 2 raw shrimp at the market. Should we add both to the tank for the cycle? Or just one of them?

Remember, we have no live rock, so it wont cycle that way

needmorecowbell said:
Yep, anytime. What's your first fish gonna be?

Im thinking first addition will be shrimp, but the question was fish.

Im thinking a true perc clown will be the first:)

Yea, sniper, both shrimps are in a mesh bag in the tank:) rot rot rot rot! Haha

Try and add fish first. What can a cleaner shrimp clean if there isn't anything there to begin with? I killed mine off with not having enough for them to eat without even realizing.

cleaner shrimp will eat flake and stuff that falls to the bottom, throw in a piece of shrimp here and there... you can certainly add inverts first without any issue.

kurtyboh said:
cleaner shrimp will eat flake and stuff that falls to the bottom, throw in a piece of shrimp here and there... you can certainly add inverts first without any issue.

Oh cool! Yes! shrimp it is;) lol

This brings me to another question, what the heck do i feed sw fish? I have mysis shrimp! How often? Thanks!!

Oh, and for stock, could i get a lawnmower blenny? What do you all like better, lawnmower blenny or midas blenny..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom