GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
That's what I was thinking too. It looked too white without something on it.

True!

Ok, so the powerheads are really mixing up the sand and stuff. One of the smaller rock formations actually fell with no support. When i have fish/inverts will this not happen? Or should i try and redirect my ph's? Its good though because there seem to be no dead spots!

Hey G as you I'm new to this whole SW and in my BC 29 I have my power heads in the rear hitting the surface but there like pointing at the same spot and the stock intake I have straight to the surface. It seems to create a whirlpool effect and I can see the flow all over the tank. Just food for thought. Good job with the tank btw...

Convict2161 said:
Hey G as you I'm new to this whole SW and in my BC 29 I have my power heads in the rear hitting the surface but there like pointing at the same spot and the stock intake I have straight to the surface. It seems to create a whirlpool effect and I can see the flow all over the tank. Just food for thought. Good job with the tank btw...

Oh ya i gottcha! So they all flow together? Does the sand get kicked up or moved at all?

Thanks man:D

Sniperhank said:
The last picture here looks amazing! What is that giving such a fresh look?

Thanks man!! I really appreciate it!

I just turned all the lights off and pulled out the phone!:)

Sounds similar to my PH setup. I have my stronger 750 pointed at the surface and then my 550 pointed slightly downward. Very little sand, if any, floating around. I've been doing some scrubbing and cleaning off of my HOB stuff so that has been floating around before my skimmer eats it up.

My gosh these diatoms are spreading lile CRAZZY! look! In just a few hours!

Attachments

• image-3627711968.jpg
    image-3627711968.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 78
needmorecowbell said:
They'll die as fast as they came. It isn't a bad thing, it just means there's life in your tank.

I hope they dont die adam...i love them:) haha

I am actually excited to see diatoms..more life!

needmorecowbell said:
Lol there's gonna be cooler things than that, I promise! First time you find a pod, your gonna name it or something lol.

Imma name him pody! Haha:D

I'll PM you, just clear them

Oh! And we found another starfish today. Different type-the color of stone. We ten looked around more and saw 2 small feather dusters!! Sweeeeet! Oh and the sandbed is getting stirred up like crazy!! Pics..

Very cool rockscape! (y)

Thanks!! Ill have to test the water later today..see how the cycles goin! Im about 8 days in!!

Great! It is amazing how time flies, the cycle will be done in no time. I can't wait to start the cycle for my new tank. I figure that should go fairly quickly since I will be adding roughly 90 LBS of LR from the start.

redsea said:
Great! It is amazing how time flies, the cycle will be done in no time. I can't wait to start the cycle for my new tank. I figure that should go fairly quickly since I will be adding roughly 90 LBS of LR from the start.

Ya it feels like we just started the cycle! Haha hopefully it only takes 3 weeks to a month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom