GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its looking good. I was thinking about it earlier when you posted that and I thought to myself its kind of a waste to even test anything but nitrite while cycling. Ive always tested everything just outa excitment waiting, but I probably wont again. Its just ive had bottle of nitrite test for years just because Ive only used it a couple of times other than cycling.

Yea me too. And like I said ive always tested all three. But its a given ur nitrates r going to be raising and theres really no point in looking at ammonia till nitrites bottom out. Just an idea cause if your like me and bought a kit youll probably use up the other ones long before the nitrite.

I agree it would be better to test the ones that are essential first. Do you have a calcium test? I just found out that they are pretty important. Same with alk.

Yea once you start doing corals youll want to test for calcium, alk, and magnesium. Those r the main ones. Theres also iodine, iron, and others.

Just though i would post with a few pics ;)

1. The xenia is growing alot! It has many little heads popping up, at least 6 :)

2. Feather duster has gotten bigger and brighter!

3. We are getting lots of stringy green algea in the tank... Dont no if thats good or bad.,

Attachments

• image-1195315054.jpg
    image-1195315054.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1310824339.jpg
    image-1310824339.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 102
  • image-4099861331.jpg
    image-4099861331.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2936809675.jpg
    image-2936809675.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 94
  • image-940026408.jpg
    image-940026408.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 90
I had about a 6" string of green algae during my cycle. looked disgusting. just pull it out & throw it away.

needmorecowbell said:
It's looking great! I can't believe the Xenia is doing so well in the middle of a cycle!

Lol i know! Haha we have no idea why, but its pretty cool! We want to get some hermits and snails this weekend because hopefully the cycle will be done! :)

Just tested nitrite and it is 0 :) we tested nitrate just for fun and its only 15!! :)

*edit* should we add another cube of mysis?????

Really?? Haha its all happening so fast im freaked! Haha okay we will do a full test tomarro and if everything checks out maybe a few snails and hermits on thursday or friday? :)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Just tested nitrite and it is 0 :) we tested nitrate just for fun and its only 15!! :)

*edit* should we add another cube of mysis?????

Yep add two and when you are down to 0 for ammo and trites in a day you're ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom