GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 29 stock is

1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple firefish
1 YWG
1 six line wrasse

For you guys... What about a six line wrasse? Fire fish? Midas blenny?

SwimsWithFish said:
My 29 stock is

1 occelaris clown
1 royal gramma
1 bangaii cardinal
1 purple firefish
1 YWG
1 six line wrasse

For you guys... What about a six line wrasse? Fire fish? Midas blenny?

Im liking the six line, unless somthing else comes along!

So, think we could do

1 scissor tail dartfish
1 gramma OR six line wrasse
2 clowns
1 YWG

AND 1 clown goby/ citrus clown goby?
Do you all think 6 is a good number for a 30 gallon tank? More, less?

I think (6) fish is a good number for YOUR (30) because of the fish you have chosen. You've made wise choices and I think that is helping. (6) larger fish, I would say is too much, but your stocklist looks good to me.

Okay great! Picking up the tank today, so excited! Haha i will post pics of everything when its all set up!!!

Haha jk, and I agree with what was said above, if you had chosen an angelfish it probably wouldn't work with 6 but those are relatively small fish... Oh yeah, and we expect pictures:)

Last edited by a moderator:
TLTGF said:
I think (6) fish is a good number for YOUR (30) because of the fish you have chosen. You've made wise choices and I think that is helping. (6) larger fish, I would say is too much, but your stocklist looks good to me.

Ya, is it just me, or are nano fish more interesting? When i look at a tank, i like the details. A crab hiding on a rock, a goby perching. I dont know, but it makes a tank seem more alive.

Would two gobys do alright in a 30? To footprint is relativly large for a 30 gallon as it isnt a cube. 30" long, 13" deep.

SwimsWithFish said:
Have you seen that movie the Craigslist killer?

Haha jk, and I agree with what was said above, if you had chosen an angelfish it probably wouldn't work with 6 but those are relatively small fish... Oh yeah, and we expect pictures:)

And ya, even though it says on live aquaria one of the angels will fit (i forget which one) in a 30, i definatly would not want to do that

Gboy66 said:
Ya, is it just me, or are nano fish more interesting? When i look at a tank, i like the details. A crab hiding on a rock, a goby perching. I dont know, but it makes a tank seem more alive.

Would two gobys do alright in a 30? To footprint is relativly large for a 30 gallon as it isnt a cube. 30" long, 13" deep.

I agree! That's why saltwater is so cool, because you'll have a ton of hermits on the rocks and snails in the sand and small little critters. It's really amazing.

An the YWG will be very territorial to fish that swim by its home.

my YWG lunges at any fish that gets near his hole, but it's an empty threat. Even my mandarin ignores his lunges now. LOL

Haha sorry whats ywg? :( Haha and ya i want like 1 bigger fish though, any suggestions for a centerpiece....?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha sorry whats ywg? :( and i herd yesterday that some guys in ohio were killed when they responded to a job offer posted on craigslist! :( ah! Haha and ya i want like 1 bigger fish though, any suggestions for a centerpiece....?

Bangaii cardinal, Picasso clown instead of regular..?

carey said:
my YWG lunges at any fish that gets near his hole, but it's an empty threat. Even my mandarin ignores his lunges now. LOL

Lol! So no-go on the two gobys? Thats ok, i love shrimp haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom