GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about grumpy.. I moved my candycane to a different part of the tank and my clown bit me again! This time he wouldnt stop!

... I need the fish whisperer.

Lol i kinda wish my clown had enough excitement to bite me.... And wow ibrahim, how ironic :) hahahaha

needmorecowbell said:
Talk about grumpy.. I moved my candycane to a different part of the tank and my clown bit me again! This time he wouldnt stop!

... I need the fish whisperer.

Lol! You need to train him!!

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Awe!!! I can't wait to have a marlin!

Totally off topic but I was at a local ping a few years ago and there was a 9 month old dog that has one foot that never fully developed and his name was nemo! I will never forget him!

Anyway back to fish! What kind of clown are good to have an anemone for? I really want them to play in the anemone!

There is really no guaranty unless you buy an anemone and clown together that are already hosting. But certain anemones are more likely to host certain clowns than others. Like a carpet might be more likely to host a ocellaris than a tomato. And a bta might be more likely to host a tomato than a ocellaris. But there are no guarantees and there a good chance your clown will host a powerhead or some other equipment. Lol

That's pretty funny you asked what a misbar was. Cause u just bought one. Lol. It's when they only have a half or partial middle stripe, or any stripe I guess but I've only seen middle misbars. Oh and I agree clowns are ugly old men

KAhner said:
That's pretty funny you asked what a misbar was. Cause u just bought one. Lol. It's when they only have a half or partial middle stripe, or any stripe I guess but I've only seen middle misbars. Oh and I agree clowns are ugly old men

From what I've seen and owned, young Occelaris clowns dont have their stripes fully developed

KAhner said:
There is really no guaranty unless you buy an anemone and clown together that are already hosting. But certain anemones are more likely to host certain clowns than others. Like a carpet might be more likely to host a ocellaris than a tomato. And a bta might be more likely to host a tomato than a ocellaris. But there are no guarantees and there a good chance your clown will host a powerhead or some other equipment. Lol

Ok, i dont want an anenome, but lots of coral. Are there any corals that an occerellis could host?

Also, could this kill the coral?

KAhner said:

Awe bummer! So best bet would be to buy the clown with an anemone if its already hosting it in the tank? Will definitely look for that then cuz that's a look I really want! Thanks!!

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Awe bummer! So best bet would be to buy the clown with an anemone if its already hosting it in the tank? Will definitely look for that then cuz that's a look I really want! Thanks!!

Lol i definitly wouldnt get an anenome. When they die they release toxins into your tank and kill everything. I will just get a flowing frogspawn or hammer coral and see it the clown hosts that, cuz i dont want my tank to be ruined if the anenome dies!

caitlynnanne9189 said:

Remember, anenomes can easily die in a new tank, and you need fantastic lighting;) thats why we are stearing clear of them

Gboy66 said:
Remember, anenomes can easily die in a new tank, and you need fantastic lighting;) thats why we are stearing clear of them

Awe darn! Oh well I guess I can still have my clown! Maybe once I get more into the hobby and have a better established tank I'll look into it more. For now that will be on the eventually list, or possibly the pass list. Lol.

Listen to me already making lists and I haven't found a darn tank yet!! Lol I'm still looking though!

Hahahaha ya we made our list before we even thought about ever owning a sw tank! Lol, we had the whole thing planned out early! Haha look up hammer coral, and purple tipped forgspawn. Its better then an anenome ;)

Hey!! Ok, so we have turned both powerheads off, and the xenia is loving it!! Do we have too much flow usually you think? The xenia has grown 2x as big in just several weeks!!!

Also, how do clowns swim?? Ours like shakes his whole body? Kinda freaking me out..

Attachments

• image-988600387.jpg
    image-988600387.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2379555112.jpg
    image-2379555112.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 122
Hi finally found the photo's:) This thread takes some keeping up with for an oldster like:lol: The clown looks awesome(y) how is he settling in? Also seen the shrimp about yet? Off topic we are expecting our first snows of winter this saturday:eek:

stingrays4 said:
Hi finally found the photo's:) This thread takes some keeping up with for an oldster like:lol: The clown looks awesome(y) how is he settling in? Also seen the shrimp about yet? Off topic we are expecting our first snows of winter this saturday:eek:

Lol!! Clown is doing well!! Swims funny as posted above, but maybe thats normal? Shrimp is so cool. Very active and eats like a champ!

First snow! Hope there are no power outages!!

Power outages i hope not:hide: we are usually OK? He says touching a large piece of wood:lol: Clowns do swim in a funny kind of way:fish2: um how to describe it:blink: from memory,they swim in up and down on the spot type swim = nose up then tail up,then head down, tail down - does that make sense:confused: your coral may not like being in the flow if it seems happier with the pumps off? Maybe try placing it away from the flow abit more?

stingrays4 said:
Power outages i hope not:hide: we are usually OK? He says touching a large piece of wood:lol: Clowns do swim in a funny kind of way:fish2: um how to describe it:blink: from memory,they swim in up and down on the spot type swim = nose up then tail up,then head down, tail down - does that make sense:confused: your coral may not like being in the flow if it seems happier with the pumps off? Maybe try placing it away from the flow abit more?

Hopefully not!!

Yea, thats what he does! And when he hovers he is often leaning to one side? Weird little dude.

Theing it, the xenia is on a rock, not a plug! I would move it if it was easier! We have angled the PHeads differently so hopefully that helps

needmorecowbell said:
I had a power outage and everything went well. I didn't have to mix the whole thing with a spoon or anything haha.

Lol stirring your tank haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom