GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
They are Copepods. They're good.

Cool! Are these what dragonets eat? It seems like we have alot because they are all over the glass, but im assuming we dont lol.

How did we get them so quickly?

Probably off the live rock. I have to wipe my glass to clean the pods off everyday. You'll get a lot of them if there isnt something eating them. I think some gobies eat them.

needmorecowbell said:
Probably off the live rock. I have to wipe my glass to clean the pods off everyday. You'll get a lot of them if there isnt something eating them. I think some gobies eat them.

Really? Every day, thats alot!!

Its cool there are so many!

needmorecowbell said:
Ya, it would be cool to look at them under a microscope. Same with diatoms, I've heard their pretty.

Ive been looking at them under microscopes in my biology 2 class! It's neat.

needmorecowbell said:
Ya, it would be cool to look at them under a microscope. Same with diatoms, I've heard their pretty.

Yeah! Maybe if i was still in biology i would...

Gboy66 said:
Thats so cool!

I love looking a different things. In bio 1 we swabbed differed surfaces and put it in a plate in an incubated to see what bacteria grew on different surfaces. It's really fun! Just wait till you get there!

KAhner said:
Yea it is. I wish I cared about something when I was in school. My inner nerd didn't come out till a few years later.

I never had an inner nerd lol. I was just one big outer nerd! I've always loved school!

Can a peppermint shrimp, clown, red leg hermit, snail or turbo snail eat xenia?? I think some is missing!!!:(

Gboy66 said:
Can a peppermint shrimp, clown, red leg hermit, snail or turbo snail eat xenia?? I think some is missing!!!:(

Yup some is definitly missing... What the heck..?

Could this little guy be the culprit!?!?

Attachments

• image-2974006642.jpg
    image-2974006642.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 58
caitlynnanne9189 said:
Hey guys what RODI unit do you have? I'm trying to figure out brands to look at and what GPD.

I bought the same one they got. Its alright. But if you got the money I would maybe look into something a little nicer. As soon ad mines shot I'm gonna get one from bulkreefsupply.com. It's just nice to mount it, some have inlet and outlet tds meters, pressure gauges, and they have some that are specifically designed to eliminate chloramines. A lot of municipalities don't have it anyways (mine don't), but who knows one day they might and I wouldn't even know it. And if you have space don't get too hung up on the gpd. Just get a brute trash can and a float valve, and you'll always have plenty.

Gboy66 said:
Yeah! Maybe if i was still in biology i would...

What are you in? I thought you were 14? I'm in 10th grade bio but I'm in 9th grade. I decided to double up on my sciences this year and it's actually fun. They made me do both of them honors though which makes them pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom