GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carey said:
it looks like a taam rio skimmer. Not the best but not too too bad, at least in my opinion based on what I've read.

Good enough though? It had like a little sticker on it, that the guy said it cost 60$ i think? Not sure

Haha okay thanks! We need a filter! We have a small 10 gal filter that we might use in addition to an aqua 70 filter

Have you guys considered another ac 70 as a fuge? It would be a good idea. But it's extra money...

A refugium is a place for you to put live rock rubble and macro algae for nutrient exportation:) aka a very good thing to have.

Yeah but they aren't as potent on a small tank... If you want you can make a cheap in tank refugium for macro with some egg crate. Just make a box, put macro in, and put in tank:)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
We hope we will get fish in it by early january!

Ya, maybe start the cycle by december, end around christmas, and add some CUC and coral around then too

Off topic posts have been deleted. The topic of this thread is Gboy and Nu Nu's new saltwater tank. Chit chat and/or posts about any other topic are off topic posts.

It appears that your tank is a standard 29 gallon. It appears that your lighting is 2x65W power compacts. That's on the low end for reef lighting. IMO you will need to stick to easy softies like zoas/palys, leathers, mushrooms, etc.; and maybe some easy lps like euphyllia (torch, hammer, frogspawn) or caulastrea (candy cane, trumpet).

If you want to open up a lot of options for corals, with Christmas coming up maybe you could ask for a 2x24W T5 HO to run alongside the fixture you have now. IMO that would be the cheapest way to upgrade your lighting.

Also, the bulbs look pretty old in the pic that you all posted. Probably time to replace those. ;)

severum mama said:
Off topic posts have been deleted. The topic of this thread is Gboy and Nu Nu's new saltwater tank. Chit chat and/or posts about any other topic are off topic posts.

It appears that your tank is a standard 29 gallon. It appears that your lighting is 2x65W power compacts. That's on the low end for reef lighting. IMO you will need to stick to easy softies like zoas/palys, leathers, mushrooms, etc.; and maybe some easy lps like euphyllia (torch, hammer, frogspawn) or caulastrea (candy cane, trumpet).

If you want to open up a lot of options for corals, with Christmas coming up maybe you could ask for a 2x24W T5 HO to run alongside the fixture you have now. IMO that would be the cheapest way to upgrade your lighting.

Also, the bulbs look pretty old in the pic that you all posted. Probably time to replace those. ;)

Really? Well i know you guys think i shouldt trust the guy who sold it to me, but he recently upgraded to a 100 gallon reef tank and he really knew his stuff.. Maybe the pic was bad, but he said it was a t5 2 double bulb fixture... Thanks for the advice

Those are absolutely, 100%, without a doubt power compacts. I have used PCs and T5s for years over many tanks.

severum mama said:

Really, so nothing with high lighting eh? We werent planning on it anyways, but could it at least sustain low-moderate lighting corals? And oh ya, they do look old. We were planning on replacing them, as soon as we can buy the LR, and finish the cycle! Considering corals cost so much, we were really only planning on doing low lights, but im kind of disappointed that we dont have any better options for corals..

The corals I mentioned will be ok under that lighting, once you replace the bulbs. There are other options as well, but that's just off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom