GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my peppermint shrimps would eat anything,well what the could scavenge anyhow:lol: so normal flake should be fine but feed very very sparingly as they are scavengers so look to find scraps - i believe they eat apsista anemones aswell? Know idea about the crab i'm afraid!:oops:
Also well done on not listening to the idiot in the shop!(y)

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Okay cool! It was very wierd because the guy was pretty much telling us we needed a fish first an that we were skipping a step. They had some sally lightfoot crabs, but we decided to ask on here before buying one because he said it would eat crabs..... I really want one though! They are very cool!

Idk where he got that from but they don't eat crabs or snails. Theyre reef safe

Hahahahah thanks! We arnt ready for a fish yet so im happy we got a peppermint :) thanks stingray!

Edit- ya i thought they were reef safe, next time we see one we will forsure get him ;)

Oh, and as for food, we bought nee life spectrum. It looks delicious and has a good reputation, so we got it lol

Ping pong went great! I beat all of my friends at least 3 times! Lol ;) HERE ARE THE PICTURES! Meet Mr. Cocktail! ;)
Hes been doing laps around the bucket for like 10 minutes!

Attachments

• image-2438972519.jpg
    image-2438972519.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3399836093.jpg
    image-3399836093.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 86
stingrays4 said:
Hi i bet it greats to see something in your tank:) Where's the photo's:rolleyes: and how did the ping pong go?

Oh ya, it is way better than watching the algae grow!;)

Bro is posting pics as we speak...and you are talking to the ping pong champ:D

stingrays4 said:
Hi well done on the ping pong:dance:
Thanks for putting photo's on of 'Cocktail'(y) I take it you just got the one shrimp?

Yup we really wanted an emerald crab or a sally light foot crab but couldnt find any at one of the stores :(

So how much and how often should i feed this shrimp? They are the reeeeeally small NLS pellets

Gboy66 said:
So how much and how often should i feed this shrimp? They are the reeeeeally small NLS pellets

Just put in about 5-7 pellets once every 2 days until you get fish. TBH I've used the NLS pellets before and didn't like them because they would always become soggy and my fish would never eat them. Now I got omega one flakes with garlic already in them and my fishes color really seem to pop and they love it!! The mandarin I've got my eye on at my LFS only eats pods but I'm going to bring some flakes there and try to see if it eats it. I take a pinch of flakes then stick it in the water for a few seconds while it's still in between my fingers then stir so that the food doesn't float at the top of the water.

Attachments

• image-1425124876.jpg
    image-1425124876.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 74
Oooooh okay if these flakes dont work well for us we will get those! Haha our peppermint is very shy, has been hiding in the rock structure since we got him in the tank!

Hey guys! We came home to cocktail zooming all around the tank!! We fed him some, and saw him eat too!

A worry NuNu has is that we have too much flow? Whenever he would swim twoards the top strata of the tank he would be blow all around until he hit a rock. Is this bad? It sure didnt look too good!

Gboy66 said:
Hey guys! We came home to cocktail zooming all around the tank!! We fed him some, and saw him eat too!

A worry NuNu has is that we have too much flow? Whenever he would swim twoards the top strata of the tank he would be blow all around until he hit a rock. Is this bad? It sure didnt look too good!

Idk I have 2 800gph ph in my 25g and it was making sand fly all over the place so I turned one off and sand is still moving around and there's flow everywhere but I feel like the flow is perfect. What helps is to point both ph towards the surface or put both on the back glass. When it hits the front glass the flow goes in random directions. Here is the way I set up mine

Attachments

• image-3343662038.jpg
    image-3343662038.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 69
Oh wow thats a great idea! Okay we will try it out tomarrow and see how it changes the flow! Our lil shrimp is flying all over the place! Thanks! Haha

needmorecowbell said:
Wow that's really cool. I might have to get an invert soon.

Wow you dont have any inverts?! They are the best! I will try and take a few pics of him in the tank today if he isnt shy! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom