GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone!! My brother gboy66 and i just bought a 30 gallon tank, wood stand, protein skimmer, live sand, and coralife t5 4 bulb light!

We are so excited and we brought the price down from 250 to 200!! Great let the thread begin!

Yea guys!! We are SO pumped. This is our first time taking the dive into salt (even though we are so cal beach freaks) and we will need TONS of advice! Thanks alot everyone, and here is a list of the fish we are thinking about. We definatly arent going to add ALL of these fish, 6 fish max!

Sw fish ideas

1 x Orange lined cardinal fish
1 x bangaii cardinal fish
2 x occerellis clown
1 x yellow watchman goby
1 x high fin red banded goby
1 x catalina goby
1 x pink bar goby
1 x tail spot blenny
1 x yellow head jawfish
1 x lawnmower blenny
1 x gramma
1 x firefish
1 x purple firefish
1 x Scissortail dartfish
1 x peppermint shrimp
2 x cleaner shrimp

The only fish that doesnt belong as far as I can see is the catalina goby. It's a coldwater fish. :-(

Haha I saw the list and read it first. Thought you were putting all those in lol. Sounds like a good plan. Cool that you guys are doing it together. Only person I can get excited about it is my 6year old lol

carey said:
The only fish that doesnt belong as far as I can see is the catalina goby. It's a coldwater fish. :-(

Ah darn, that was my favorite one. But who cares! All gobys are just as cool

Haha yess! I didnt want the catalina goby but my bro wouldnt give up! Haha anyways i am gettin it at 12 30 tomarro!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha yess! I didnt want the catalina goby but my bro wouldnt give up! Haha anyways i am gettin it at 12 30 tomarro!

Very exciting. I remember going to get my tank. Couldn't wait for my dads truck so I crammed it in my backseat lol

BallinCrew10 said:
Could try and add him last. Its up to you guys.

Nah. I dont wanna chance it! Haha so if the stock went,

2 clowns (mom REALLY wants one)
1 yellow watchman
1 scissor tail dartfish
1 lawnmower blenny
1 orange lined cardinal

Shrimp? Suggestions?

BallinCrew10 said:
Very exciting. I remember going to get my tank. Couldn't wait for my dads truck so I crammed it in my backseat lol

Haha nice!! I think we will put it in the truck, problem is we are now broke, haha so the tank wont be set up this week :(

Gboy66 said:
Nah. I dont wanna chance it! Haha so if the stock went,

2 clowns (mom REALLY wants one)
1 yellow watchman
1 scissor tail dartfish
1 lawnmower blenny
1 orange lined cardinal

Shrimp? Suggestions?

Good choice. If in doubt, don't do it.

List looks solid.

I've had cleaner and peppermint shrimp. Both are nice, peppermint will take care of aptasia for you.

Id go ahead with the gramma. Only aggresive to fish that look like it. You should add it last. The YWG and blenny might no do so well because there both bottom dwellers and the goby might attack it.:)

Haha thanks guys i am excited! Haha the list looks solid and the best part is the light allows us to grow many corals! :D

Actually add the clowns last. They have been known to pair up and kill everything in the tank if added first...:l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom