Generator works :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
We got some high wind and rain last night. Sometime this morning we lost power. The first hour I just waited thinking it would come on. After that I decided to fire up the generator for the first time. After realizing I did not have but a trickle of gas I had to head out to the gas station.

4 hours later, the power came back on. I used the generator to run my main tank, the T5 lights a heater and a PH in each of my satellite tanks. I was happy I got the generator last year :)

Remember to either drain the gas or get some gas stabilizer if the generator will be left for long periods without being started. Now you have me thinking about buying one. My brother has mine and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

I have one and it was the best $500 I have spent in a long time.. We got it or the Y2K flop before we had tanks...
I have used it about 6 times this winter and on one outing it was for about 12 hours. Well worth the piece of mind.
We have a 5000 watt and I power most of the house with it. Its nive being the only one on the block with power...

Back
Top Bottom