Getting a nuvo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G120398

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found a nuvo 16 almost brand new with a protein skimmer and 400 dollar LEDs for 370$!!! My mom said she really likes the tank so we are getting it!!!! My stocking list would be:
2 o clowns
Shrimp goby and pistol shrimp

Sounds great, I have 2 16's and an 8g nuvo. Fantastic looking tanks.

For pretty basic lights they are very good. They easily grow softies, lps, mushrooms etc, have a nice shimmer and moonlight. I know of someone using 3 of the lights on a 16 and grows sps.

We'll I'm picking one up that comes with a 300 dollar led that can grow anything. I believe it's called a sky line so I'm super excited

So tommorow I plan on getting new sand, using the same water and use some of my old rock then get some new dry rock. My question is how soon can I put the clowns and coral in it?

Well, if there has been no die off from the rock (they stayed wet during transfer) and depending on the sand it could be very soon. Although, the beneficial bacteria will be limited as it's essentially just the live rock for now. Test for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, if the numbers are 0's then you could add a small dose of pure ammonia to ensure that the system can handle it and test the next day. If it's 0's, you could slowly add the fish, watching the parameters and ready to act if the numbers get too high.

Back
Top Bottom