Getting my 90 gallon started!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally getting my 90 gallon going! I had a custom stand built that is 36” tall. I love not having to bend over to look into it. The downside is I have to use a step stool for everything.
I’ve spent countless hours trying to arrange the rock. I tried 2 islands, walls, curves, I think I’m where I want to be! I’m realizing I’m a “wall” person. I did bring out some lower rocks for some dimension.
New gaskets are arriving tomorrow for the bulkheads and hopefully water will be in it soon!
The pictures don’t really do it justice. Let me know what you think!IMG_0655.jpgIMG_0657.jpgIMG_0659.jpg

Looking good so far man. Keep it up.

Thanks!! I’m a girl[emoji3526] lol. I think I need 1 more rock on left side of the overflow. Can’t wait to update a pic with water and sand. I ended up getting the Fiji pink sand

Guess not everyone calls everyone man anymore man. Just make sure you rinse the sand out before adding it in. It'll cut down on your dust storm.

Lol!! I say it too....maybe I was reading it too seriously. Thanks man[emoji6]
More pics coming!

Sand and water in!!
I HATE THE SUMP!!! It is too noisy. It’s older, a Berliner wd 125. The way the water flows over it makes so much splashing. I have it running to circulate the tank, but not the way it’s meant to be.
My bad for not seeing how the sump ran when I bought the tank, but I felt like I was getting a good deal on the whole package.
So now I’m thinking of getting a different sump, maybe with a refugium, I like that idea.
Any suggestions? Are the diy kits any good? I don’t want to spend a fortune!
Sumps are new and scary to me....I unplugged my tank about 10 times making sure it wouldn’t overflow!
IMG_0669.jpg

Just get yourself an old tank or any water grade plastic container. That's all a sump is. It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles. It's just a body of water for you to put equipment into.

Back
Top Bottom