Getting ready to move NEED HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok the lease is up on my aprtment and i am getting ready to move. I have a 65 gallon reef tank that has to go with me as well. No i am moving about an hour away. Now i currently have CC substrate but a, switching to DSB. Now when i get the empty tank into the new aprtment i am gonna put the new sand in it. Now this concerns me. Will it cycle? If so all my livestock will probably suffer. I have to much money invested in coral and inverts and fish to loose any. Plus it would just break my heart if any of them die.

Now when i get to the new aprtment that is when i will be setting up the new acrylic sump that sumphead and i built. So that is gonna take a little while. I need the best way to do everything. Sand moving livestocks and rock. And is putting the new sand in there gonna affect my livestock. Also what is the best way to move everything??? Much help needed. Thanks

Is this sand live sand or dry sand?

If you keep your LR submerged in water for the duration of the trip the tank should not recycle.

For the acutal moving process take a look at our articles area. we have a good article on moving a FW tank. Even though your a SW tank the basic principles are the same. Keep as much water as you can. Dont try to move to much water at a time, have the tank the last thing you take down and the first thing you setup.

I will be getting 3 45 pound bags of dry aragonite sand and probably one bag of live sand to help seed it.

The sand wont cause a new cycle in your tank. Put th edry sand in first and top off with the live sand.

should i maybe get the dry sand now and put it in tubs of saltwater and let it sit for the next 2 1/2 weeks witha powerhead or somethign so some bacteria can grown on it?

Back
Top Bottom