Getting rid of brown star polyps.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gaker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any suggestions on getting rid of these? I'm assuming they are brown star polyps. They came in as hitchhikers on the acro colony below.

DSC_1156.jpg

I keep super gluing over the rock this acro is on, but these buggers keep coming back. They are worse than aptasia!!

The acro colony is starting to brown out a bit, as I have it on the sand bed because I don't want these things taking hold on the rock in the new setup I have moved things over to.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Also, for what it is worth, I slathered the base rock in gel super glue about a week ago. So this is one weeks worth of growth for them :(

okay, upon further reading and googling, I don't think these are like GSP (or brown) in this case.

Instead of leaving the "carpet" like GSP, it is little roots with a few stalks coming off of them. I hope that makes sense.

I pulled the colony out and put epoxy putty on the rock this evening. Will wait a day or so to see if any of these little buggers start trying to poke their heads out. I hope not.

I used to have a million of these things that came as hitchhikers and took over my tank. As my corals grew they eventually beat them out for real estate and I don't have very many anymore. Other than that just keep killing them, I hate those things

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you know what they are?

I think it is ironic, some might keep them, but in a largely SPS tank, I the only softy I want in there is the leather toadstool that was the first coral my wife and I got. She'd kill me if I got rid of it!

Yeah my tank is mostly sps as well...I feel your pain. I believe they're clove polyps of sorts

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom