Getting rid of those pesky anaptasia anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acronuts

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have tried several products even boiling water.
They shrink and then come back a few minutes later.
Does anyone have any other ideas besides, copperband butterfly or has any one tried a product that works REALLY well.
:(

Mix up a solution of kalkwasser and either RO/DI water or saltwater, so that it's the consistency of thick paste. Get a syringe and suck some of the kalk paste into it. Turn off all your pumps/circulation in the tank and then when the aiptasia is open, get the syringe down right on top of it and just squirt out a bunch on it, basically smothering it. Don't get this stuff on any corals/zoanthids. After about 10 minutes or so, turn back on your pumps.

The bugger shouldn't bother you after that.

I have used Joe's Juice and it is basically the same thing as the kalk paste. For larger aiptasia it may take more then one dose to get rid of them.

Aptasia X

I am using this product called aptasia X it is non invasive to livestock PH or coral I cant say enough good about how its worked for me, the aptasia actually ingest it and the solution seals their mouth plate so no baby aptasia spores shoot out when they freak out..Check it out here: http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Red_Sea_Aiptasia_X_2oz_(60mL)_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Additives___Supplements_Aiptasia___Pest_Control_Liquid_Pest_Eliminators~vendor~Red_Sea~SearchStr~aiptasia+control~action~view~idProduct~RS7911~idCategory~FIADAFLC.html

I've read that red legged hermits will eath them. I used to have a peppermint shrip which worked well but now I think I'm going to try the red leggers to take care of them.

I've read that red legged hermits will eath them. I used to have a peppermint shrip which worked well but now I think I'm going to try the red leggers to take care of them.
My red legs don't touch them, nor do my blue legs.

Back
Top Bottom