Getting your fish to eat different foods.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
The new Royal G. Basslet I got, was only eating brine shrimp at the lfs. I was wondering how you all get your fish to eat different things?

It is only 1 day in the tank, but, it wouldnt eat the flakes, but did eat the brine. Maybe it will in a couple of days. :wink:

Ya give him a few days. it took my Coral Beauty almost a week before she ate. Now she is a little piggy. :)

Of course showing the fish is the best way. Get the fish's attention and then pour some flakes into your mouth. The fish will eventually get the idea.

:mrgreen:

fishfreek said:
Of course showing the fish is the best way. Get the fish's attention and then pour some flakes into your mouth. The fish will eventually get the idea.

:mrgreen:

ROTFL :lol:

You can try to slowly introduce the other food into the feedings by adding like 75% brine and 25%other food. Than after a few days maybe add like 60%brine and 40% other food and so on. Keeping doing this until you have completly switched the fish over to the new food. The fish will recognize that it is also food and will eat it.

Back
Top Bottom