Glass cleaning suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive got all the gadgets for cleaning the inside glass on the tank but what do people use for the outside? I've heard of water, vinegar and newspaper? Does windex on the outside really matter?

Steve

If you use windex be sure to get the non-ammonia one. Ammonia has a way of seeking out your water. Not sure I think it tries to get stable and turn into ammonium. But it can't at PH over 7 and will really mess up your SW tank.

As far as the inside use a mag float magnetic cleaner. I use windex on the outside but I spray it on the paper towel in another room.

Honestly I just use a paper towel or microfiber with water then dry it off with a dry clean microfiber. Works for me!

For the inside I use the mag float, and a razor blade for the coraline algae. For the outside I use windex but I spray it on the paper towel far away from the aquarium. If you really want peace of mind, local fish stores sell an aquarium safe spray.

I use windex too. They make windex which is safe to use with window tint, meaning it has no ammonia in it. If you were really concerned, you could use that. I've had no issues with using the regular windex though.

Nor do I windex works great for me they have this orange all purpose cleaner that supposed to be all natural it works good and doesn't effect the tank either

Back
Top Bottom